Hands down the best boots and helmet out there!?

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
So I'm in the market and looking at the Tech 8's vs Sidi Force TA's vs Sidi Force SRS's. Between these three, which is the best support, comfortability and just the best damn boot ever?

And on the other end of the spectrum, what helmets do you guys like, Arai VX-Pro's vs Shoei VFX-R vs Bell vs ?

I want quality gear to protect my head and feet so give it up, what do you use and why!?

altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
Do I need to point out that the best helmets and boots are the ones that fit you best? I liked the construction of the Tech 8's, but they didn't fit me as well as the Fox Forma Pro's, so I bought the Fox boots. They're working great so far.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Having worn both of the Sidi models that you listed, I like the Non-SRS sole the best. It isnt quite as stiff, and seemed to take much less time to break in. I will continue to use the Sidi boots. Great customer service and a really protective boot.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Although most of the top-end gear these days are just that, though they are not for everyone.

I had a pair ot T8s - unreal fit, comfort and protection, but I ended up giving them to my son as the extra bulk (of having to go one size larger) caused me to lose the feel for the brake and shift lever; I would inadvertently grab a gear and apply brake when going thru whoops or rocks! The replacement T6s were better in this regard, plus they had unique extra plastic on the LH & RH side of the toe area; I'm staying with this model.

Two years ago I purchased my last Bell, a Moto 7, following a Moto 6, 4, 3 and original Moto, being a dedicated Bell customer. My hope was the last would provide ventilation like the 4, but it was dissapointing. I purchased a VX-Pro this winter, and it's fit and vetilation is superior, and it's lighter.

You pretty much get what you pay for. Top-end gear is not for the faint in wallet. However, these items are made to fit a broad cross-section of the population, and your fit may be of a thin side of the bell curve.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Here's my short list of the items that make MY short list:

Helmets:
Shoei VFX-R
Arai VX-Pro
M2R Revelation

I think that the Arai is the nicest of the bunch, but the Shoei fits my head shape better. The M2R is the lightest, but the Arai has the best venting system.

Boots:
Alpinestars Tech 8
Sidi Force
Oxtar TCX Pro
Fox Forma Pro

I think that the Sidi is the nicest of the bunch but only Alpinestars makes them big enough for my feet. All of the parts on the Sidi are replacable.

Try them all on, the best for you is whatever is the most comfortable.

wsmc831

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
well...okey dokey.

I currently have

Arai VX pro - original helmet, fit and felt the best, and have used Arai's top helmets for years on the street and track (road).
Boots - switched from Alpinestar Tech 8's to Sidi Flex Force SRS.
amazine difference in bulk, weight, flexibility and comfort...but I'll warn you, Ive had to build custom guards for my KTM as they chew up the bike...but way worth it.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I started w/some Fox Forma Comps, but they ripped open after about a month then went too the TECH8's and never looked back.. I have noticed in magazines some picture of James Stewart w/the buckles of his Forma Pro's unbuckled.. Never have seen any tech8's come unbuckled..

For Christmas i got a Fox Flite helmet and i like it, would like too get a Shoei though someday..
RIck

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Never have seen any tech8's come unbuckled..
Really? Take a look at RC on the back cover of the current RacerX (July).

Never say never :p

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I love my Arai Helmet and Tech 6 boots.

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
Love my Arai MX Pro helmet --- it's your head, why would you scrimp? Boots? I prefer the Sidi Flex Force SRS (stiff? no way - put them on brand new and they felt as though they were 2 years old!) but used to wear Alpinestar Tech 6 when cash was tight. If you have patience and no cash, go Tech 6. Otherwise, Sidi.

teamgrizzly

Nov 25, 1999
I have a pair of Alpinestar Tech 6's and I have to say that I'm dissapointed. The consruction is not that durable. I race & ride off road and maintain trail at the local riding area. And these boots have just plain fallen apart in the two years I have had them. My Gaerne Six-Days boots held together better.

Mike

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i'm on my 2d arai mxc pro, will get another after this 1 takes a few more hits for me. it fits my noggin the best, & the interchangeable cheek pads in the diff. sizes are the best.

i wear msr system x boots, also on 2d pair. they are a re-badged tech-5. when alpinestar discontinued the t-5, i tried the t-6 thru t-whatever, didn't like the fit & couldn't deal with the bootie. missed my old t-5s, complained to dealer, he mentioned that the sys x is the same boot, been happy with them ever since. they're cheap, too ( the arai helmet most def. is not cheap).

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Yes those are the best!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Farmer John
Griffin metalic green helmet & Adidas Stan Smiths. :thumb:

You too huh?  I got my first Stan Smiths in 5th grade.  Been sold on them ever since.  They're a great do it all type of shoe. Awesome protection.  I think the Griffin helmets are still available at various Garage sales around town.  :)

markthomps

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2000
I wore Tech 8s for a year and absolutely hated the damn things. Uncomfortable, hard to get on becuz of the internal booty, heavy and overall about the worse boots I've ever had. I don't care if RC and McGRath wear them, they don't pay for them and they wear customized versions anyhow. So avoid these. My personal fave are Alpinestar Vectors. Great fit, ez to get into, all-day comfortable and they show less wear after a full season that my Tech 8s did after half a season. I've tried the Sidi models but they never quite fit my feet. I also like (or did) the Fox Pro Forma, but about two years ago they changed the design and made the calf area too tight, which is how I ended up in Tech 8s.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom