doug howell

Aug 26, 2007
I was riding my ol'xr250hr...went over a jump and she died. I got her to fire back up after a few kicks and all seemed fine. I hit the jump again...she died again. Now it wont start at all and seems light on compression. Anyone out there know where I should start? My initial thoughts are carb issues or shorts in the wiring. I am considering a total rebuild but I would like to isolate the issue first.

Thanks in advance!!

IT1985

Oct 24, 2007
Never had that happen to me, but I would suspect that your having carb problems. Try giving it a good cleaning with carb. cleaner.

doug howell

Aug 26, 2007
I need to confirm that the plug is good before I move to the carb. The problem there is that the only way to remove the plug from this old thumper is with the special plug wrench (Can't find).I do have spark when I pull the coil off and attach another plug. It would be nice if the plug is just fouled!!! If not then the carb will be next. I don't look forward to breaking down the carb system on this old timer as it is the dual carb system and is VERY tight and difficult to work with.

Top Bottom