Texas
:cool:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999

keithb7

Feb 5, 2005
I'm betting he was thinking....I'll show off for the video camera. I've done tons of wheelies. I fall once in a while, but it's been some time. I'll take a chance and look really cool wheelie-ing in a t-shirt and shorts with no helmet. Idiot. Looks like a broken arm to me, at least a dis-located shoulder.

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think its funny that he "got what he deserved" or whatever. Yea, it was funny watching him be that stupid, but you guys make it sound like he is an ******* or something lol. He was just showing off; we all do that (allthough I guess we don't all go to that extreme).

Hell I've ridden wheelies on my kx 250 wearing just shorts and no shirt, but I don't friggin do straight up wheelies down the pavement or anything LOL!

Personally I just thought it looked and sounded hilarious. The dude rides a wheelie for like 1 second and thats it, then hes over backwards. Also, its so funny how you hear the bike go "RRRRRRR!, RRRRR!" twice real fast as soon as the video starts, then next thing you know he dumps it LOL!

And like I said before, if he really got all that hurt, do you really think he would of let his friends post that crap on the internet?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I just think the video is sad. No helmet, riding in the street, showing off. It gives us all a bad name.

DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
mattb348 said:
I don't think its funny that he "got what he deserved" or whatever. Yea, it was funny watching him be that stupid, but you guys make it sound like he is an ******* or something lol. He was just showing off; we all do that (allthough I guess we don't all go to that extreme).

Hell I've ridden wheelies on my kx 250 wearing just shorts and no shirt, but I don't friggin do straight up wheelies down the pavement or anything LOL!

Personally I just thought it looked and sounded hilarious. The dude rides a wheelie for like 1 second and thats it, then hes over backwards. Also, its so funny how you hear the bike go "RRRRRRR!, RRRRR!" twice real fast as soon as the video starts, then next thing you know he dumps it LOL!

And like I said before, if he really got all that hurt, do you really think he would of let his friends post that crap on the internet?

Well, I am 46 and have been riding since 1973; and never pulled any sort of stunt like that. Wheelies on the street; well yes. Wheelies on the street sans helmet; gloves; boots etc; NOPE!

Its really hard to feel to bad as he went to great lengths to hurt himself.

Now; what type of impression of off-road bikes/riders do you think this created with the neighbors?

As to why it would be posted on the internet if he was hurt; there are lots on clips where people die posted so him being tore up some likely wouldn't stop anyone from submitting. I have met some young people who consider this type of stunt something to brag about surviving. :coocoo:

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I have done a lot of stupid things in my life but I always have taken my mototrcycle saftey very seriously. I always have a helmet and gloves on. and almost always have boots on. the only time I don't have this equipment on is after I have fixed something on the bike. I can gaurantee that in those cases were I don't have a helmet on I am taking it very easy.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
as far as making us look bad ..............everything makes us look bad. if my bike is in the back of my truck , some blue hair is probably griping about the noise i could potentially make. if its parked in my front yard waiting to be loaded up , people point as they shy away from the house across the street for sale. people whos minds are set on orv's being a pain in their @$$ will think this no matter if everyone in america was on their best behavior or if they were getting road rash with no helmet. most people understand not everyone can be the brightest.

imho constantly worrying how a bunch of uptight POS feel about me or my cycle is energy wasted............so to anyone who wants to drink beer and land on their head.....i feel as you are entertainment and please go right ahead , just dont scratch my truck

DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
ellandoh said:
imho constantly worrying how a bunch of uptight POS feel about me or my cycle is energy wasted............

Well, this likey needs to be a seperate thread; but we should worry a bit. If you have been watching the fight out in CA (I can't recall the exact county without digging); but they are trying to put in place a ban on ORV ( all off road vehicles, atv's bikes etc) "on private property". Yes, if implemented you can't ride on your own land. Main excuses are noise, pollution, un-safe riding etc.

A high profile potential victom is Jeremy McGrath. His 98 acre ranch he practices on is within the boundary.

Last I heard they had offered an amendment you could ride if you lived there and had more than 2 acres (but Jeremy doesn't live there so he would still be screwed).

I can't imagine this where I live in Ohio; but I would bet they couldn't either a few years ago.

So I don't spend a lot of time worrying about what people think but don't ignore it either!

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
ellandoh said:
as far as making us look bad ..............everything makes us look bad. if my bike is in the back of my truck , some blue hair is probably griping about the noise i could potentially make. if its parked in my front yard waiting to be loaded up , people point as they shy away from the house across the street for sale. people whos minds are set on orv's being a pain in their @$$ will think this no matter if everyone in america was on their best behavior or if they were getting road rash with no helmet. most people understand not everyone can be the brightest.

imho constantly worrying how a bunch of uptight POS feel about me or my cycle is energy wasted............so to anyone who wants to drink beer and land on their head.....i feel as you are entertainment and please go right ahead , just dont scratch my truck

LOL.

Anywho, I can't beleive how much you all actually CARE what other people think of us. Hell, I think most of my nieghbors already hate me since I used to drive my KX 250 down the road by thier house. I don't really care though :) If they wanna get mad over something so hopelessly stupid, then owell. So I drove by and made a decent amount of noise, which lasted like 2 or 3 seconds, BIG friggin deal. It amazes me how easily people get pissed off. Its not just from dirtbikes though, its EVERYTHING. Just look at how pissed everyone gets when someone makes one stupid little mistake while driving, or doesn't hit the gas within 1/4 second after the light turns green, etc.

Also, I think ellandoh has a point; I think they will hate dirt bikers no matter WHAT people do or don't do. Owell, sucks to be them I guess. Personally I don't care wtf people do around my house, as long as they don't destroy anything, or sit there and wind up thier bike sitting in one spot for like 5 minutes straight.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i understand i sound a little harsh over this subject but common courtesy is common courtesy and nit picking is nit picking , i respect my neighbors but if they were to nit pick i guarantee they will be listening to worse things than a cr250 for 5 minutes at a shot

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
This is exactly how a friend of mine spent weeks in the hospital. He was finished riding the big thumper on the track and decided before he pick up his son's YZ80 he would ride wheelies in the parking lot (grass by the way). Anyway he had on shorts,shoes(no socks), and a T-shirt. He fell and had the peg on the bike rip his ankle bone from his leg. The next few weeks with the morphine button reminded him how this was not a FUNNY thing. :|

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
all i get it a whole bunch of wierd writing when i try to open the link, am i doing something wrong here???

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
I think it is pretty funny, but I'm desensitized from all the crap I've seen on the net. I see it as a lesson learned. I will definitley remember this video when I start to consider riding wheelies down the street in my neighborhood. I would have fealt like an idiot if that were me, but i would have fealt like more of an idiot if I my bike had hit someone's car or worse yet a kid.

When I was in Cali. there was a guy who would put his 3 year old son on the gas tank with a hockey helmet on and ride wheelies all over the neighborhood. I couldn't even watch that idiot, because I didn't want to see him kill his kid.

moore_716

Jun 1, 2005
MATTB, hey it could have been worse, you could have been honest and expressed your feelings about an Alessi crash video. Even if you know the guy isn't hurt it will still rain and rain on you. You might as well give up. Oh yeah I agree, we are all stereotyped whether you want to believe it or not. Look at Harley riders they get the same thing.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Funny? Yeah, actually, I found it hilarious! I used to see that kind of thing all the time.

Cleansing the pool, my friends, that's what is going on there. :coocoo:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Ten bucks says there was beer involved.

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
moore_716 said:
MATTB, hey it could have been worse, you could have been honest and expressed your feelings about an Alessi crash video. Even if you know the guy isn't hurt it will still rain and rain on you. You might as well give up. Oh yeah I agree, we are all stereotyped whether you want to believe it or not. Look at Harley riders they get the same thing.

What is that supposed to mean? I thought I WAS being honest when I stated that I thought the video was funny as hell :)

jimyz

Nov 9, 2000
I can't say it is funny, maybe stupid. I have been over backwards at that speed a few times, though with full protection, and it is a nasty feeling when you realize you are going over. DLHAMBLIN talked about MC's land problems and how he hoped it wouldn't happen in Ohio. I live in OH and a track known as Wild Wilderness was recently forced closed in a court decision due to the noise

Top Bottom