exmortis

Nov 24, 2009
hi all, ive recently changed the honda xr 100 engne because of gearbox issues for a loncin 150cc , all fitted with no issues apart from this , the wiring from engine to bike :

loncin 150 engine:has the following wires

2x white
1x black
1x black/red
1x white/red

and the honda bike has the following wires

1x green
1x yellow
1x white
1x blue/yellow
1x black/red

who connects to who, ......the bike has no lights or electric starter just plain old kick start and stop button and a horn?

cheers all

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Junkman is right, you'll best off to get the rest of the ignition system from the engine manufacturer. Chances are good it will run like crap, if you can even get it to run, on the Honda box and coil.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Have you ever worked on the chinese bikes? They are a complete pile. The wire colors change mid loom and from one connector to the next. So you may start with a green and end up 2 colors later at a pink on the other end.

brilliant stuff there!

Oh also instead of hardening anything, they chrome it! Bling bling

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Matt90GT said:
Have you ever worked on the chinese bikes? They are a complete pile. The wire colors change mid loom and from one connector to the next. So you may start with a green and end up 2 colors later at a pink on the other end.

brilliant stuff there!

Oh also instead of hardening anything, they chrome it! Bling bling
Yes I have, and I found none of the things you say to be true on any of the chassis or engines. I have found the end terminals of wiring harnesses & engines to be mismatched from time to time but that is more a problem of each not knowing what chassis / engine their product was going to be mated with. That just so happens to be the case with the different wiring colors the OP is having. Go try to pop a Chevy ECU in to a Ford I think you will find similar issues. :laugh:

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
Disregarding my advise, a guy I know bought a Chinese made atv, 250cc. He also bought one for his little brother, a 110cc. I can say first hand that the 250 is the biggest piece of crap I have ever layed my eyes on. The suspension is sub par and the steering is so poorly designed that you can hardly keep it on a paved road over 20 mph. They take very little abuse before they are complete trash. He is talking about getting rid of it and he has had it less than one year....now thats quality. The 110 wont start if it is under 50 degrees and it has been like that since the day they bought it. As far as the wiring, I am far from an expert, but judging from my experience with Chinese made atvs I will stick with my original comment.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'll make an educated guess here, he paid maybe 30% of the cost of buying a new brand name version if that much and he did zero investigation of the product or manufacturer support prior to purchasing it. See that's the typical idiot that believes they have found the short cut to the head of the free lunch line. Making the assumption that all products from China are crap based on an experience with a couple of low end toys is laughable. For anyone with even a hint of knowledge of manufacturing history will know that the same things were said of "junk" that came with "Made in Japan" printed on them not that long ago. Honda was one of those manufacturers BTW. I'm not saying everything from China is a good product but, just like with most things you get what you pay for and there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Now if it will make you feel any better the Loncin products I have had first hand experience with are not great quality pieces. They are for sure better than a lot of the name of the day stuff available but not in the same league as Lifan or Jialing (owned by Honda BTW).

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Pat while I usually respect your opinion on things, this chinese point I dont.

Sure honda use to be junk and improved the quality. BUT at least they came to this country with dealerships, parts and service.

Chinese try to copy style, but that is all they do good. Quality is subpar, performance is horrible, safety is non-existant on these things and there is no engineering put forth to them. There is no service from craigslist dealers buying crates of this junk and reselling it. Even the best companies try to put their junk in retailers and they fail cause they have crap product, no support and the products are not safe. case in point Joes and Baja Motors.

Can they improve like the japanese did in the 60s and beyond? Sure. Will they is the question. At this time they pray on those with lesser incomes to buy their junk and expect a good product, especially when sold at a reputable retailer. It just gives the industry a bad name and that is how you should be looking at it to. We need to drop the ban on the lead in kids bike and ban the chinese crap that is totally unsafe.

Dont expect me to agree with you at this time on Pat. Sorry

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
I agree with most of what Patman has posted as well as the Loncin engines are sub-par compared to other Chinese engine manufactures such as Zongshen, Lifan and Jialing. BTW Honda contracts some of its small engine production with the Jialing factory in China http://world.honda.com/group/JialingHondaMotors/ and here http://world.honda.com/news/2005/c050411.html

I have built several (performance) engines and retro-fitted several chinese engines into other chassis's. Using the link to the diagrams I posted above. I have always had good results, although I did a lot of research and knew what I needed and what I was getting into before I started.

Here is my CT70 (first bike I ever rode age 4)
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/princevaliant/IMG_0375.jpg

I replaced the tired and broken transmisson stock 70cc Honda engine with a 125cc Zongshen (with lighting coil) engine out of my pit bike (replaced the pit bike engine with a Jialing/GPX engine I built with a 140cc bbk, big valve head, cam, ect...). Now because the original bike was a 6v points type electrical system I have to rewire the entire bike for 12V CDI. I made it easy on myself and bought a complete wiring harness and accesories for a CT70 clone it made the swap almost 90% plug and play.

Here is my pit bike that I built the GPX engnine in.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/princevaliant/IMG_0217.jpg

I have had both of these bikes (along with an SSR90R) for over 5 years now. I have yet to have any mechanical issues with any of the bikes. My point is Chinese engines/conversions CAN be just as reliable and cost effective IF proper research and knowledge is done a head of time. To the OP, stick with it! You will get it figured out.

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I don't expect anyone to agree with me nor respect my opinion.

I do know that unlike most everybody on DRN (very few exceptions) and especially in this thread I have first hand manufacturing experience with Asian products.

So riddle me this. Is it the fault of the manufacturer, the fault of the "dealer" or the fault of the buyer? Manufacturers WILL build a good product if they are directed to by somebody looking to buy this product at a fair price. I did just this, it took a lot of late nights and samples and fist pounding but it happened. (As did Yamaha re: TTR50) The manufacturer has to make a profit that's why they are in business. They will also build to a price point which is much more common and something most people gravitate towards. Anyone expecting to get a $4,000 dollar product for $700 and then reaping the markup as a dealer is an idiot and there are plenty of them out there. These same idiots find other idiots willing to pay them maybe twice what they paid because it's still a heck of a lot less than the original $4,000 item. As mentioned just because something looks like something doesn't mean a thing when it come to real quality but I think most people really know that even if they still instist on shopping at Walmart.

I totally understand that a vast majority of the products being sold are indeed crap. Blaming any one part of the consumer food chain for all of the problem is where it all goes wrong. Everyone along that chain is responsible! Everyone that wants to spend as little as possible for a product they really know can't possible be as good as one that costs 8 times more is to blame. The company that sells this product is to blame and the company that manufactures it has some blame as well but they are just filling a demand. If the demand wasn't there the product would not exist.

A lot of this spins off in to the trade & GDP issues we are currently having and as is most peoples nature it is much easier to blame somebody else, especially if that other party is far away.

So you see on some points we're on the same wave length but I really don't see anybody as an unwilling victom of the situation. Maybe uneducated or unwilling to admit they know the reality.

Last edited:

exmortis

Nov 24, 2009
Its running and good

thanks for all the advice given + and - but i figued out the wiring and connected all cables, started second kick and with a little adjust on the carb is running very nice and sounds great, given the fact i got the honda bike for nothin because of the damaged gear box , and the replacement loncin engine cost £100 from a dirt bike breakers , she's good enough for me ,experience gained will fuel my next project if me wife lets me :)

cheers all :ride:

exmortis

Nov 24, 2009
Here's how it went

here how they went just for future ref:

loncin 150 engine connect to a honda XR

1x white > white
1x white > yellow
1x black > green
1x black/red > black/red
1x white/red > blue/yellow

cheers all :cool:

And a BIG THANKS to TheJunkMan for ya HELP :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Excellent, somebody who get's it! exmortis understood he was getting a free busted bike and was buying a cheap engine for it. It's some cheap disposible fun while it lasts and nobody is disappointed.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
Patman said:
Excellent, somebody who get's it! exmortis understood he was getting a free busted bike and was buying a cheap engine for it. It's some cheap disposible fun while it lasts and nobody is disappointed.

ride it into the ground! :cool:

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
Nice! I like to hear that you figured it out. Same sort of thing as my CT70, a free busted bike from my childhood and I fixed it up to be a mini supermoto bike (of sorts) fore grocery getting and bopping around the suburban neighborhood (street legal) for only the small $200 investment in some parts.

Top Bottom