Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Practice times:
1. James Stewart: 49.37
2. Chad Reed: 50.36
3. Ricky Carmicael: 50.55

Seems RC and JBS were mixing it up in practice and took eachother out :boss: . No injuries.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Practice Spoiler?

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Sorry we missed ya in the Pit. It was a good time

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I know, a lot of people around here thought he was going to win a title in his first go in the 250 class and would be way faster than RC and Reed. Good stuff!

Atta boy Andrew! Great ride.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Okiewan said:
1) JBS
2) Reed
3) RC

Congrats to RC and especially DeCoster for the championship! It's been a long time coming. :aj:

Yes it has! :cool:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Thump said:
I'm glad I am not one of the ones eating crow with regards to JBS vs the 250 field.

yeah, all them people that said JBS was smoking fast, but will probably crash and not win the series are looking really stupid right now. :laugh: :rotfl:

But i aint no Bubba hater, i am 100% wanting him to hand it to the guys on them lame thumpers outdoors.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Okiewan said:
lol. You funny rat. You also said RC would win one last year.
Funny what injuries do for a season.

I did? He was out right after the MXdN's, I can't see myself making a prediction that far away from the opening round, maybe you could dig it up for me?

Anyway, great race! 12 titles! unbelievable!

Anyone hear Bubba's dad in the press conference? I thought that was strange to say the least.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
I went to the Houston SX, Reed and Bubba were going at it...One of the best heat races I've seen in a long time...They were flying...I could believe how fast they were going.

Reed holeshots, Bubba passes, Reed charges and is all over Bubba and clearly faster on the west side triples and rythym section...They're both pushing, Reed washes out going for the inside pass, then Bubba has a nasty crash right after the next turn in the whoops....Windham wins! The crowd was going nuts.

Reed posted the fastest lap of the night with a 49.002 with Bubba posting a 49.056...Reed posted the fastest lap in the main with a 49.5 to Bubba's 49.6...They were that close...

I think the battle Reed had early on with RC in the main event held him up...Because after that was over Bubba didn't gain any and Reed was closing...Got pretty close on the last lap. Reed closed in on Stewart with a 1.6 second gap between the two... Bubba and Reed were pouring sweat at the end of the race.

Heath Voss is a blocker....He held up everyone as he was getting lapped...Held up his own teammate Reed in the main event.

Last edited:

john3_16

May 17, 2004
125 Race was great....Short got the holeshot who had a huge lead by the time Broc got into second place...Broc keeps inching up and as he got closer and closer to Short, you could visually see Broc going into attack mode and speeding things up...Short was taking dangerous lines trying to block Broc....Broc passes Short on the last lap and on the last turn Short just leaves it on and takes out the front wheel of Broc right before the finish line jump...It was Broc's win all the way.

Short got booed, and Broc got the cheers! I honestly don't think Short did it intentionally...But it was a dumb move.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
But it was a dumb move.

Yeah it sounded like Brock left the door open, hopefully he learned his lesson. Chances are if you get booed at a SX, you did something good.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
super rat said:
But it was a dumb move.

Yeah it sounded like Brock left the door open, hopefully he learned his lesson. Chances are if you get booed at a SX, you did something good.

What ? Unfortunately the door was not open....Get it ? That's what put Broc on the ground because short was trying to get through a door that wasn't open.

That kind of stuff isn't good for racing because it would've been much more exciting for the fans if they both crossed the finish line wheel to wheel...

A dumb move on Shorts part...Broc passed Short cleanly and it made for good racing......Going in and slamming someone and knocking them down isn't for a cheap pass isn't racing....Unfortunately it does happen, sometimes intentionally and sometimes not...Maybe Short was just going for it and didn't mean to knock him down but it was not a good move.

Maybe after Short gets booed again at Las Vegas he will learn his lesson...He was clearly desperate after leading the entire race and then losing it on the last lap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom