Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Quick, everyone who's not raced, run down to your local track and enter one. Then Bruce will feel better about talking to you about the sport and may even give you credit for having a clue. :rotfl:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
bclapham said:
is that the DRN member list, or the people in the stadium??? :laugh: :cool:

it has been brought to my attention that some people might find my above comment degrading and offensive. It was meant as a bit of fun, and i sincerely appologise if anyone finds it offensive.

However, as for the topic of racing, i stand by my previous comments that participating in the sport gives one a very good perspective of what happens in professional side of the sport. we all go through the same emotions and we all have to quite often deal with beating that same guy each week- whether it be the beginners or the pros.

I used to think riding motorcycles was fun, then i started racing a bit and it soon realized that i enjoyed it a lot more- if you are thinking of having a go, then go for it.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Okiewan said:
Quick, everyone who's not raced, run down to your local track and enter one. Then Bruce will feel better about talking to you about the sport and may even give you credit for having a clue. :rotfl:

ive appologised, so stop crying. :nener:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So basically then, unless the member has raced and "understands it" as you mention, they really shouldn't bother being a fan and discussing it? Or simply that when someone that races comes into the discussion all others should just stand down?

Rather or not someone races, hate to break it to ya bro, most ride with others in competitive situations. You put two or three riders on a track or trail, they will mix it up. No, they aren't into it to the point of needing to win to make a living, but then again, neither are 99.9% of those lined-up at your local track.

I wouldn't be so quick to think the competitive nature of the sport is lost on those who don't race every weekend.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Okiewan said:
So basically then, unless the member has raced and "understands it" as you mention, they really shouldn't bother being a fan and discussing it? Or simply that when someone that races comes into the discussion all others should just stand down?

Rather or not someone races, hate to break it to ya bro, most ride with others in competitive situations. You put two or three riders on a track or trail, they will mix it up. No, they aren't into it to the point of needing to win to make a living, but then again, neither are 99.9% of those lined-up at your local track.

I wouldn't be so quick to think the competitive nature of the sport is lost on those who don't race every weekend.

:blah: LOL- i wonder if the other 42999 people will accept my applogy? :ahhh:

all i am saying is, everyone go out and give it a try. Its fun you know. :nod:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
You two should get a room.... seriously! ;)

Gomer won't be jealous... you both talk too much for his taste. :blah:

Top Bottom