• Total voters

Speeed

Proud American
Jul 4, 2004
found it on a search engine for large message boards

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
BSwift told me about it at a work day at the Stillwater 500. Now I never have to ride alone and have a place to get my fix when the weather won't allow riding, I've read my magazines cover to cover....twice, and ESPN2 changes the time they are showing Supercross/Motocross because of a dog show, poker, senior golf tournament, etc. etc.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Papakeith told me!!!!

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
I cant really remember how I found it, but it was in 1999/2000 because I was riding a 86 KX80 and now I am on a 2003 Husaberg Fe400E :)

Angel

Oct 11, 2004
I thought that told me a friend, but I was wrong, I found DRN searching on engine Google and looking for information about "Asterisk knee braces".

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
wow... lots of interesting posts here..... to think that it was a casual challenge to Okie early '99 "hey Bob how about getting back into dirtbike riding...?" (this was prompted by me coming across the Suzuki website when doing a web search unrelated to dirtbikes); within 2 or 3 weeks we had a couple of KDXs and were desperately looking for places to ride... Okie found info sources on the web lacking, so he promptly started this site as a 'collection site' for dirtbike info. Somehow this site got naturally and abundantly fertilized and, well, grew faster than the weeds at OT's track where Okie, Eric, Rich and ole' Pokester would ride our knobs off --- in-between tech seminars from RR (on his lo-rider YZF444) and war stories from Eric --- wow --- can life get any finer?

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Thankyou for the brief but very interesting DRN history lesson Mr. Pokie sir. This explains why the site is so successful.........created by fanatics for fanatics!!!!!!

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Its funny that I still remember. I found out about DRN through Eric Gorr and his book. Back then i was cluless about fixing bikes. I knew alot about the technology but not the specific's. I went out and bought a 99 kx125 and wow was that a learning experiment. I used to ask probably some of the stupidest questions, but I really didn't know. I then sent out my cylinder to eric to get a 144 kit. I remember sitting in my garage just looking how an 2-stroke cylinder works. I mean I knew how it worked on paper, but till you pull a head off and watch how the piston ports work you can really appreciate how simple it is. I used to love reading what eric gorr posted especially when he posted as EGORR. I then graduated to learning everything I could about suspension, which to me was rather foreign. It funny now when my friends look at me for advice and the only reason I can give them answer is this site. Thanks guys.

Erik

MX86

Dec 27, 2006
i was searching for some HP charts for my yz250 and this site was one of the references.. didn't find what i was looking for... but found some other interesting stuff and decided to stay :)

Last edited:

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
OK I was on a search engine looking up free stickers and a thread from here can up so I took a look and Im glad I did this place is my new favorite site.

wirefryer#85

May 26, 2006
A newbie rider who was 'net' savvy bumped me to this well controlled madhouse and I've enjoyed it ever since.

You all have been kick-a$$ therapy while I've been healing up from my first stay-at-home racing injury!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I responded "years" ago this thread ;) and "years later" I will tell you that it is one internet site I rarely miss a day on.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
RMD Back in the day......

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I was actually eating pizza in a fine establsihment in Texas, that I'm happy to say, now accepts peso's and the guy mowing the yard directed me to the site!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Advertising well paid! I am pretty sure a couple of years ago a search lead me here and I dismissed it, oct of 06 I found it again and stayed!!! When I was doing some research recently over our stolen bikes I was directed back here about 4 out of 5 times for imformation.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
hmmm, I can't remember how I found this place.... somebody help me!

Top Bottom