I Hate Winter.

Tdoorn199

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 7, 2010
Hey, i live in wisconsin and i cant ride much in the winter. Everything is cold and crappy. I cant wait till spring :laugh:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
The D.C. area is the new Wisconsin. We've had almost 5 feet of snow this year, normal is 15". Damn global warming my ass.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Yea it really sucks being in Wisconsin and not being able to ride in the winter.....

OH wait here is what we did today

IMG_1954sunsetice2-14-10.jpg

IMG_1958sunsetice2-14-10.jpg

IMG_1962sunsetice2-14-10.jpg

IMG_1972sunsetice2-14-10.jpg

IMG_2007sunsetice2-14-10.jpg

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
IndyMX said:
Thanks, but I'll pass..

Oh come on now it was mid 20s and sunny. After 1 lap Spider was in shedding the jacket and riding in a sweatshirt because he was already getting to hot. Last practice for him and his teammate before next weekends 3 hour endurance race at the Steelshoe fund raiser. And that is his teammates( #996 in green pants) last chance to ride until mid June due to surgery reconstructing her foot on Tuesday.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Winter suks, ice racing does not. Even in the worst conditions, you should be able to see better days coming? Casey should be getting ready for their first race? No wait a minute, another snow storm is sweeping south, and the back lash will get us tomorrow. Maybe next week? Vintage Bob

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
oldguy said:
Yea it really sucks being in Wisconsin and not being able to ride in the winter.....

What's the reason for the add-a-fender?
Ice/snow in the face or spike protection?

Looks fun.

Tdoorn199

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 7, 2010
I have a pond in my backyard but dont want to buy studded tires. I'd rather whine instead.
oldguy said:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Tdoorn199 said:
Hey, i live in wisconsin and i cant ride much in the winter. Everything is cold and crappy. I cant wait till spring :laugh:

Not sure where you are in WI.... but there are also indoor options.... the Sandbox in New Richmond, WI, WIR in Waterman, IL, and Chicago MX in Bedford Park, IL.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Nice pics Dave!! At first I thought #19 was Eric, with the peg is almost dragging!! But I am guessing the last #996 pic was Eric. Hope he has fun at the race next weekend! :cool:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
What's the reason for the add-a-fender?
Ice/snow in the face or spike protection?

Looks fun.
The extra fender is for spike protection. One guy was running a while back without and came up on another bike, when he rubbed in close shredded the radiator right through. Figure as sharp as some of the spikes are it is like riding on a saw.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
nikki said:
Nice pics Dave!! At first I thought #19 was Eric, with the peg is almost dragging!! But I am guessing the last #996 pic was Eric. Hope he has fun at the race next weekend! :cool:
Yes he is on the 996 bike last picture. They are racing Sierras 125 in the lightweight division so that is what he has been practicing on. Last week he blew it up (actually was the rod bearing ) and after Eric Gorr did some magic to it this week so it would be ready for Practice and then the race sierra told Eric thanks for blowing her motor up it has never been so fast before.

He did drag the pegs a couple times and once he even got it so sideways he was dragging the whole bike and himself. I think he is having as much fun doing this as MX now that his confidence is up there

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
nikki said:

seems like a LOT of hair coming out of the helmet of 996, maybe its some fur on his hood

Would that be ERIC??? :ohmy: :ohmy:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Senior KX Rider said:
seems like a LOT of hair coming out of the helmet of 996, maybe its some fur on his hood

Would that be ERIC??? :ohmy: :ohmy:
lol
The one with the hair flowing is his teammate for the 3 hour race she is 13 yrs old but looks like she has been riding ice forever. Eric has on the orange sweatshirt and actually just got his hair cut a week or so ago so it no longer flows out of the helmet

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
fatcat216v2 said:

By "we" you mean you got on your bike finally Dave?

well since my bike does not have any radiators or suspension right now it stayed home. since I forgot my helmet I slid around on my feet for the day but I really do want to try before the ice melts. I figure now that Spider has blown up Sierra's bike and she is having surgery right after the race this weekend her bike is like new and going to be sitting collecting dust. So maybe she will let me try it

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
oldguy said:
well since my bike does not have any radiators or suspension right now it stayed home. since I forgot my helmet I slid around on my feet for the day but I really do want to try before the ice melts. I figure now that Spider has blown up Sierra's bike and she is having surgery right after the race this weekend her bike is like new and going to be sitting collecting dust. So maybe she will let me try it

Very envious. Once I talked to Tammy about the fenders I decided to hold off til next year...Figure by then I'll have sold my bike altogether and can just say F*** it I am too old for this nonsense.

although...the other day a girlfriend told me she didn't believe people are ever too old...Then she reminded me that the main reason I probably didn't do all this stuff when I was young was my fundamental lack of coordination. Lol. That is what childhood friends are for...to remind you you always sucked. :|

Too bad I can't be in two places at once. I'd definitely come watch. Those girls are amazing. Lot of admirers out there.

Top Bottom