saddletramp

Oct 6, 2006
I tried to re-jet, went down to 45p. 158m. clip in 2nd position from top 40-1 torko full synth. Still smoked like a mad dog. Found out compression was 100# :bang: Previous owner ran red-line full synth. 32-1 for years and never did a top end. So I am going to wait untill it is apart to get a look inside and see whats up. Then figure what ratio I want to stick with and re-jet if necessary.

KDX CRAZY

Sep 22, 2005
shawn10ski

Dont change your mixture to fix bogging , it wont work and you will be running richer on your air fuel ratio , keep the 32 : 1 and change your jetting .

Post your area you ride and get some suggestions from other kDX users on the forum on what jetting they use as a starting point .

heavenly

Oct 18, 2006
Hi guys, first post !
I have a 200 and I run 50:1. I bought the bike and the engine was rebuilt (along with the whole bike). I have had it now just over a year and I have no evident piston/barrel wear and the bike is a little ripper (probably something to do with the 51 rear sprocket..hehe)
I use the Castrol TTS or silkolene synthetic, depending on which shop I end up going to.
I also run the NGK '8' plug , a little warmer. It never fouls plugs.
I only changed it this time due to stripping the bike down (pre winter riding) and replacing consumables.

Last edited:
Top Bottom