Soderlund

Nov 10, 2001
How does the kdx80 rate? Are they a miniture 200/220. Do they have any known problems? How about parts availability? I'm thinking about looking at an 82 kdx 80 as a step up from my sons 01 xr70. Im still on more than 2 wheels but am considering a kdx220 for my self.

dirtbikeguy

May 6, 2001
My neighbor has a KDX 80. I'm not sure of the year, looks mid 80s. This bike really rips for an older bike. Looks like a typical version of a mid 80s KDX, green plastic, black seat, no headlight or tailight. I know he needs to get some work done to the bike and hasn't. I don't know if it's due to lack of parts or just procrastination. When I see him I'll ask him.

Personally, I've never had any major problems getting parts for my 89' KDX200, usually one week for most parts from my local dealer but I would look into this because without parts you'd be buying a oversized paperweight. Just call your local dealer and ask them for availability of parts for that bike.

And as far as the KDX 220 is concerned, get it, you won't regret it......burn the ATV .:p .

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
XR-70

Just curious... How old is your son who rides the XR-70? My son is 7, and I am wondering what size bike to get him started. He has never ridden before.

BTW, where in Michigan do you live? I live in White Lake, about 45 minutes northwest of Detroit.

- Bill

Soderlund

Nov 10, 2001
I bought the KDX80 on Tuesday night.:) It starts 1st kick and runs very good. The worst thing that I can say about the bike is that the gas tank stickers have come off. My wife and my oldest son both think it's theirs.

Smit-dog, I have 2 sons, ages 4 and 7. Thay rode xr50/xr70s last year. I felt like the 7 year old was ready to move up. The xr 70 was a good fit for my son last year. It would still be good, but for $250.00 I could not pass up the KDX80. I live in Davison - 10 miles east of Flint.

Now all I have to solve is dads new KDX220.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Soderlund

Would you be interested in selling your XR-70?

BTW, I'm getting a KDX-220R as soon as I sell my Honda Shadow VLX. Going to try and sell it at the Motorcycle swap meet 2/17 at the State Fairgrounds.

Soderlund

Nov 10, 2001
I'm hopeing to move the little guy up to the 70 next year and sell the 50. The larger tires work better offroad. There is an xr70 for sale from the guy that I bought my KDX from. It listed in the ccc newsletter, or respond and I will send you a phone number.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Soderland

Yes, please send me the info on the XR-70 for sale. Are the CCC classified ads online anywhere? Otherwise, a phone number is fine.

Thanks...

- Bill

Top Bottom