hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
OK just testing the water. I thought i might be good to try to get a trip together a few weeks before Dirt Week (If we decide to go before DW). And it should give most everyone about a month to plan. What does everyone think??????

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Sounds good to me! I've got conditional approval from my boss/wife.

I don't know if my tractor (XR650L) can keep up with all your fancy-shmancy euro-bikes though! :-)
I better spend a lot of time practicing! (I guess I can bring a tow-chain to remove logs if needed...)

Seldon
(I enjoyed my 520 mxc when I had it...)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
That's the week after the Cloudcroft enduro. Assuming I still have an operational bike, I'm in. I want to see Harley cross that big stream again. And I look forward to standing knee-deep in a fast-moving stream, shepherding motorcycles across the rocky river crossing. I don't know why, but that was one of the best days riding I've ever had.

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
I know why Jim, It was because I was there!!! Assuming NO rain that creek is only a couple of feet deep (If that) and really does not flow too good.

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Just got done loading the trailer (Dont worry I saved room for another bike). I am headed to OK tomorrow sometime and will finish loading up. Then leave Friday morning and be in Lake City by friday night. I am soooooooooooo ready and excited. Hopefully Colorado will be great. Let me know what you come up with in Grand Rapids. If need be we could possibly go to GR to get it (if there was a Hooters there then it would be a NO brainer, but there is not one I already checkd). Just let me know.

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Yeah it for sell but I am not going to pass up riding trips until it is sold. So if anyone is interested they should try to get it now because later it is just going to have more miles. Actually I did not have ANY intrest from anyone...

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dang it! That is a weekend I am already committed in Austin. Austin City Limits Music Festival :yeehaw: My daughter wants a buddy to peruse the sights with. Who can refuse their daughter?

Y'all have fun now ya hear. I promise to face north and raise a brewskie in your honor on Saturday evening.

On another note ... I have downloaded a copy the aerial photo of the area. You can SEE the trail for the most part ... IF you head north out of the park instead of south.

Now don't ANYONE break anything, cuz I expect to see all of you at DW. BTW - If you have not signed up, do so as you can still get in the drawing for the knee braces.

I will be putting up a thread about Camp Tejas soon.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
yall got room for one more? where else can you ride four hours and cover 9 miles, swim in a refreshing stream, help carry nine bikes up a hill, get lost, ride your dirtbike on the highway, almost eat indian tacos, get wet wood to burn, and call that big fun?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Bummer, Rog. But I thought you were pushing things a bit. You need to take it easy and make sure you're 100 percent before you start taking a chance on going down again. Listen to me! My ankle is still a mess, but I'm riding. I will say this, though; I'm taking it easy. Brian Storrie was out at Muenster yesterday, and he wanted to ride the nastiest hills out there, and I climbed a few with him, but I just bugged out after a while. I didn't want to work that hard, and I didn't want to take any chances with my ankle. I rode around with some other guys on the easier, fun trails most of the day, and I never went down or twisted my ankle. It was a great day, too, with the cool, wet weather.

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Bad news I won't be able to go . :ugg: I have to go to Savannah Georgia to work . I'll be there about 4 months . I'll be leaving this Friday . But by the time I get back it should be nice and cool . :cool: .

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
tx246 said:
yall got room for one more? where else can you ride four hours and cover 9 miles, swim in a refreshing stream, help carry nine bikes up a hill, get lost, ride your dirtbike on the highway, almost eat indian tacos, get wet wood to burn, and call that big fun?

I think the saving grace of this trip was the cool temperatures, the people who were there, the beautiful scenery and the fact that it wasn't my bike that took a drink. :)

I don't think that there is any way I can make it this September. I don't think I could fit all the things I'm trying or need to do into a 60 day month.

Mmmm, Indian taco's. I'm hungry now. Thanks Gene!

Top Bottom