dimitri

Aug 23, 2004
Hello everyone im new to this site. Maybe someone can help I bought a new ktm 65 for my neice,its an 03 model,it was left over. anyway when it is idleing and you wick the throttle wide open it bogs pretty bad,like it isnt taking gas, but if you hold the throttle open for a second it revs fine. it does this with a load on the bike, or without. I dont know that much about ktm's so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
if it bogs off idle I'd bet it is lean. if your air screw is on the air filter side of the carb then you need to screw it in to richen it up. if you are closer than about 1 turn from totally in then you need to bump up the pilot jet size. if its on the motor side of the carb then turn the screw out to richen it up.
if the bike had sat before you bought it its entirely possible that there is some varnish int he pilot jet making it lean. this is the first jet to get blocked when a bike sits due to its size.

also the main place for ktm info is www.ktmtalk.com this site is nice be there are so many ktm guys there its hard no to visit that site first for ktm stuff.

Top Bottom