dog2

Sep 26, 2002
Can anyone recommend handlebars that are as tall, or taller than the stock KX65 bars?

I would prefer aluminum, but don't want the extra cost of a new triple clamp for protapers or fatbars. By the way, I purchased the "mini" bend O'Neal pro-lock, but the rise is much too low. The may work on some 85cc bikes but not on the 65.

Thanks

mdsutton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 7, 2002
A suggestion, did you look at Renthals web site, and look at the different options for height? I used KX85 bars, with BRP triple clamps. The bar mounts are the tallest and most forward they make. It made a big difference, but it was expensive. Oh well it is history now, he started on a KX85 last week.

Mike S.

dog2

Sep 26, 2002
I did look at the Renthal site, but I guess I need to measure the stock bars to see how it compares with the Renthal. Measuring bars is harder than it sounds, in case you have never tried it. I like the idea of the triple clamp, but I hate to spend the money because we would also need a new Scotts damper mount ($100+) in addition to the triple clamp ($140) since he will also be moving to the KX85 in 6 months or less. Maybe one of the Honda High mini bars would be tall enough with about 4 inches of rise.

Anyone else figured this out?

KCL

Oct 9, 2003
R and D racing sells inserts that fit into the stock handlebar mounts that move the bar position up and forward. They go for 50 bucks. Made a huge difference, opened up the rider cockpit area. I believe their website is; randdracing.com. Check ot out. :cool:

Top Bottom