HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Well, my foot contusion turned out to be alot worse. After a week of it not getting any better, I finally went to an ortho yesterday and was diagnosed with a Lis Franc injury.

The ligaments holding the foot bones in place are a mess and it will require surgery to have pins put in and a 3 month recovery. Man how depressing...

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Damn!

It's times like this that you find out who your friends really are. True friends will offer to come circulate the oil and rotate the tires sho your bike doesn't rust or develop flat spots.

Since I *am* a true friend and you aren't going to be doing anything anyway, bring it on up here and I'll do that for you. ;)

BTW, for the rest of the people who are as ignorant as I am about this...
http://www.podiatrynetwork.com/document_disorders.cfm?id=212

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
High Lord Gomer said:
Damn!

It's times like this that you find out who your friends really are. True friends will offer to come circulate the oil and rotate the tires sho your bike doesn't rust or develop flat spots.

Since I *am* a true friend and you aren't going to be doing anything anyway, bring it on up here and I'll do that for you. ;)

BTW, for the rest of the people who are as ignorant as I am about this...
http://www.podiatrynetwork.com/document_disorders.cfm?id=212

lol, Thanks Gomer!

I had no idea what that injury was either. When the ortho looked at the x-rays the first thing he says is "well, it looks like you got the real deal". My new goal in life is to NOT impress an Orthopedic Dr again!

We're new to dirtbikes (I've been into other "adrenaline" type sports, surfing skating etc but hadn't been into any in a while) and this is really taking a toll on my wife. She's worried sick this could've been my neck instead.... oh man.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
well, I'm 13 weeks post op. Finally cleared to walk without crutches. Probably another 3 months before serious MXing shape. But if anyone else comes across this thread and feels like I did about 8 weeks after, maybe you'll be glad to know the followng:
No, beating your Dr with a crowbar isn't going to make it better.
Yes, he did the right thing doing the surgery!

After what seemed like forever, I'm walking again with a limp but no crutches!

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Glad you're up and walking. How much P.T. did you have? I'm 4 wks. post-op and I just want to chew my leg off. Why are you selling your boots? You will ride again.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Thanks guys.

I haven't had any PT. My surgeon seemed against it saying that he's had more problems with therapists pushing people too hard too soon and causing more harm than good. The only other experience I had with it that was the case so I didn't debate him.

I've got other boots for occasional riding, but my racing is done I think. I'll be another 3 months before I could consider racing and it's just too much strain on the family for me to be laid up for 8-12 weeks at a time.

bchuter

Jan 19, 2007
Yeah....same here, I hope you make a full and quick recovery. Hope to hell I don't go through anything of the sort as I'm very new to MXing and very wet behind the ears.
Good luck to you.

Racesmith

Nov 15, 2006
Sorry to hear about your Lis Franc injury. Surgery is no fun. I get my four rods out of my ankle on February 6th. (third surgery) Start taking glucosamine now. Hope you heal quickly.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
So here I'm am in May, six weeks off of pain killers and I'm able to jog again.
It's fairly painful to do it, but the Dr says the surgery is healed. His estimate is that it'll be another 3-5 months to be pain free during something atheletic.

But I feel hundred times better than just a couple of months ago. No pain when walking. Only an occasionaly limp. I've personally recalibrated my "scale of 1-10" pain measure.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
High Lord Gomer said:
Good to hear it (not the recalibration part). Any chance of still riding or are you done?

Would you understand me if I said I'm not done but my wife is?
:)

We've got some friends who still ride and I'll probably get on a bike again at our private track, but my racing is finished. It's hard to say that, I sucked but I loved it. But I was really naive to the difficulty it would make on the family getting hurt bad.

My son is playing hockey now too so there's a limit to time and money. We made some great memories, made some new friends and I'll never second guess the time we spent doing it. But I think my days trying to jump 90 foot triples are done!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Life begins at 90'!

Who am I kidding? I may not ever see 90', again. I have backed it down considerably since my last significant crash.

Oh...and yes, I understand.

Top Bottom