bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Also, after 13 years, the well ran dry on Team USA's incredible streak of good luck at the Motocross des Nations. In 1994, the wrecking ball known as Team Britain used the mighty Herring-Nicoll-Malin power trio to overcome all the good luck the Lord seems to bestow on America every year. Go Brits!

seems like he is making perfect sense to me! :worship: :thumb: :yeehaw:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Damn, I figured somebody would bite. :debil: Lord Al is a world-class troll, but I guess everybody's onto him already.

Rat! How the hell are ya? You and K have been AWOL for a while. I hope the two of you (and Senna) are doing well. How's Pinky? I really miss her - she was the ultimate chick magnet.

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Quote: While American race series struggle to attain World Championship status by throwing a sparse few European rounds onto their existing schedule

Huh??? It seems to me more the FIM trying to hijack the US SX series since they have proven their uncanny knack for putting on a series of say six events that draws about 10,000 spectators in total and then cancels half of the rounds.

Quote: but remember he's now working with American Champion Rick Johnson, which is a far cry from the great French trainers like Jackie Vimond.

Ah yes, and great team managers like Roger DeCoster... (Sorry Roger it's just too good of a target for this one. Maybe some more euros would like to come over and ride RM's for ya!)

Quote: By the way, let's do some math here, shall we? Pichon has beaten Reed, and Reed has beaten Carmichael

And how many titles did Pichon win in the US? or motos for that matter. I'm not sure but I image that RC beat Pichon over here so does that mean that RC can beat himself?

Quote: And can you believe their toughest competitor right now is Eric Sorby, a rider who wasn't even strong enough to have a good ride in Europe?

Who finished 40 seconds off the pace at Mt Morris.

I do love a good debate though. Keep on trying Lord A.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
I read that as good humour from sone one with the bestowed title of "Lord" of dribble who is glutinous with self-approbation.... if I may use a quaint British phrase

Speedvision did broadcast an hour of Euro GP racing the other day: besides a dull-as-my-lawnmower-blades commentator, I thought they slowed down the tape because I felt like giving Pichon a push up that smoothe GP track..... by contrast, I have to say that the 2000 MXdN tape was a lot more exciting, of course there were a bunch of Yankees in that one....

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Quote from CN online: Yamaha’s Stefan Everts ended Mickael Pichon’s 12-race win streak today in the Motocross GP World Championship... It looks like the french have trouble with 13 also. Now how many has RC one in a row??? Me thinks it's now at 16 and in my math book, Lord Alfred, thats greater than 13.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Hey JP!! Yea we have been mia it's a long story but we are all well and back in Vail. Pinky is in West Plam Beach. She likes it down there, palm trees, sun and no snow. We looked for you at Daytona but didn't know what you looked like.
I'll be at the Dilla to watch RC kick some Hippy ass. You should make the trip up, I'll buy ya a Long Trail (good beer) and fill you in with all the details.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Mxneagle, would RC adventure across to race Pichon?? Or will he stay away and save face??

Doesnt Pcihon have a 125 SX title??

Was it a british commentator for the GP's?? What we get is a british commentator, its as much fun watching paint dry as listening to him give us the low down of a GP race, maybe something about british people showing through there??

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
I do believe Lord Alfred speaks with tongue planted firmly in cheek......but remember chaps we are comparing a domestic scrambles series (US Nationals) with the World Championship Grand Prix.....hmmmm tongue in cheek...... a little like that last comment of mine.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
OK, you Pichon lovers, I am going to have to find his recent interview in Cycle News and print some quotes.

The short version: Pichon admits that he is not on the same level as RC and Chad Reed.

He goes on to add that he feels RC has no more potential to improve and will probably retire as soon as he stops winning. Pichon says Reed has room for improvement and will surpass RC next year.

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Some data on RC's 1st Year as a pro:
FINAL 1997 AMA 125cc NATIONAL MOTOCROSS SERIES POINT STANDINGS
Pos. Rider Name, Hometown Pts. Wins
1 Ricky Carmichael, Havana, FL 563 8
2 Kevin Windham, Baton Rouge, LA 468 3
3 Scott Sheak, Germantown, NY 384 1
4 Mickael Pichon, France 353 0

And it appears to me that there are far more Euro's (and others) flocking to the "US domestic scramble series" than there are yanks headed over to the European domestic scramble series or umm I mean MotocrossGP series :) Maybe the Euro's here are cherry picking (now how many championships have they one here?) or is it just that us yanks are just too afraid to get beat across the pond?

Didn't Pichon make a stop here a while back with intents to race the US SX opener but in the end decided it was not such a good idea and bagged the effort at the last moment. Maybe he just didn't want to embarass anyone ;)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Mickael Pichon, as quoted in the May 28, 2003 CYCLE NEWS:

"I still have something to prove in America. I can't go there and think about beating Ricky and Chad; those guys are too quick. I'm not the kind of guy who thinks that I can beat those guys."

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Pichon did ride a sx-he came 4th in the qualifier only about 10 seconds behind RC and in the main his rear brake was ripped off so he couldnt compete.Alot of people were surprised how fast he was with no SX riding since 99.Im not sure he could beat RC but i think he will have a better chance than most US based riders;)

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
As much as I like a good game of kick the Pigon I was impressed with how well he rode in his heat race. He held of RC for a few laps and looked smooth. I don't think he has anything for RC outdoors though.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Marcus...... the commentator sucks man, there are better british commentators out there, but he aint one of them. As for Pichon saying what he said, whats so great about that?? Head games.... what would they say afterwards when he wins by a country mile, the amazing Pichon beats RC?? What someone says and does can be completely different. As for Pichon not racing more SX earlier this year he was told not to by his bosses, i mean i just need to look at 2 fellow countrymen that got hurt because of SX and now there year in the GP's is wasted - Josh Coppins and Ben Townley, and im sure Suzuki bosses didnt want that to happen to Pichon, and fair enough, GP's are what he races not SX's, he has probably spent more seat time on a suzuki in the last few years than Pastrana has in his life.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by marcusgunby
yep the commentator is terrible-he shoudl be replaced ASAP.
Bring on MURRAY WALKER! :thumb:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Murray is the man!

many people didnt know that Murray got into motorsports just after world war II. He was an avid dirtbiker and partook in cross country racing

he is retired now, i am only sorry he didnt get the knighthood...he was THE voice for motorsport in the UK for as long as i can remember!:) i think he is probably more famous in the UK than any other sports commentator.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
he scared most of his competition away from the GPs and into the States. After growing up surrounded by a super-talent like Mickael, Tortelli, Pichon, Vuillemin, Sorby, and Boniface, all were exiled to America in the hopes of finding work and wins.

Funny stuff - we just have to get these 'skeerd' yanks into the world championship series for some real competition :p

Top Bottom