Michigan Trailfest II - October 13 and 14

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'm back too!

It was a blast meeting all those riders. This was really cool to gather 18 trail riders of such good skill levels and go for a nice 75 mile ride. Seems everyone got faster after those Snicker bars got handed out...he...he! I got a real cool picture of the 18 man start so if anyone wants a copy e-mail me so I have your address and I will e-mail it to you. Lansing Motorcycle Club Grounds is a great place to start this thing, I know we will be doing it again next year. (Right Mike!?) Hope ya all can come again. I think the big burgers will be a tradition from now on, they were very popular so you can count on it!:D

We had a nice little 25 mile ride Sunday after it stopped raining - it was a blast! I didn't want to quit!:p

Sorry about the Bronco DNF Big Jim - that sucks! Time to break down and get some new wheels?????

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thanks to Father&Son, Fly'n'Brian and Fred T for putting together another great ride! I had a great time. Next time I hope to have a Pumpkin Diesel 400 - if not I'll put my quieter pipe back on!

Badgerman and I got to my cabin in Grayling about 7, and were sitting around talking when we heard a whoosh and a crash. I looked out the picture window, only to see nothing but pine tree. We went outside and right along the cabin was laying a huge pine blown over by the wind. Two feet closer and that side of the cabin would've been history!!

We got a decent partridge hunt in today - kicked up a bunch of birds, got two. Badgerman's probably enjoying a partridge dinner about now!

Hope to see you all in the spring!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Grouse/Woodcock stirfry! Almost as good as those mutant burgers Fred was servin' up yesterday. Thanks for the burgers Fred and thanks for the birds Mark.

Man, that tree was a scary thing. Luckily, I had packed several pair of clean BVD's!

Highlights:

Chasin' Wile E. Coyote through the woods. It's too bad the rest of youz guys didn't see him.

Chasin' Flyin' Brian through the woods. It's too bad the rest of youz guys didn't see him.

Seein' Mark bring down those birds-on-the-wing, (he's much handier with a scattergun than I am).

The food.

The fellowship.

Thanks Mike, I'll bring cookies again next time!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by BadgerMan

Thanks Mike, I'll bring cookies again next time!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the "Badgerman Go fast Cookies," hey come to think of it I went faster on Sunday.....send me a dozen through the mail!:confused:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am glad everyone had a great time (me too)!!!!! It was nice to see some familiar faces and to add some new riders to our group. I will update the roster and email a list of riding buddies to all participants.

We will do it again next year! In fact I am thinking of having a Trailfest Reunion in January or February. Leave the bikes at home, but we will have dinner and a chance to share pictures/memories of our 2001 trailfests.

Big Jim I know what it is like to have car troubles. I did not get home until 10:00 pm on Sunday. Grandpa Larry's truck (ol' blue) had brake problems and we worked on it for four hours.

Mike Jr.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
THE OLD SWIMMIN' HOLE

Hi guys,

It was good to see you all...

Sorry I wasn't able to be more help, my SO is recovering nicely and looks forward to meeting you.

I did, however take the old Turnip (Bonneville) out to the Lucas Road bridge... a little cold for swimmin' today, but the color is still good...

Again, looking forward to seeing you again...

Trailfest III in da UP June 22, 2001?

Just a suggestion...

The old Man.... Mike Sr.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
ride reflections

What a fantastic ride!!!! Hats off to MikeJr, FredT, and Stallin' Brian for organizing the event.

My apologies for the unfortunate weather at the end of the ride, gotta get that damn Doppler fixed.

Really enjoyed meeting all of the new guys, even those who didn't ride KTM's
:p

Looking forward to the pictures to tell the real story.

See you all at the next get together.

RAS

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
I would have to give some advice........dont hit water holes at speed unless you know how DEEP they are.

but, man can my bike swim...................... ;)

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I put a ride together twice a year of guys at work and other friends. The next one is November 3 at Little "O". If you're interested, we'd like to have you come along. Start time will be 11am. PS: I ride sweep on this one too!!:) PSS: Since most of the other guys at work are MotoXheads, they can't handle more than 20 minutes at a time, and the loop will probably be it for the ride. Of course there's a bunch more trail around there!

triplephatmx

Jun 5, 2001
Our Most Sincere Thanks!!

Hey all!! Iceman and I would like to thank all of those who worked so hard to organize the ride and make every aspect of the event so much fun. It was even more enjoyable than everyone made it out to be! We couldn't think of a better way to spend a cold, rainy, fall day than to ride the woods of northern MI with such a great group of fellow enthusiasts. We had a blast and you can count on us to be back....if for nothing else, but those darn burgers - MMMMmmmmmm!!! Thanks a million!!

'Til next time...:cool:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Major thanks to all !!!!!!

spudrick and my self had a blast! was truely kind of you to let a couple slow pokes like use ride with you fast guy's. lansing trail riders facilities are second to none! big thanks to F/S for some fine trails! fred t for the bigest burgers I've ever had. jeff a. for all the yellow soda's after the ride:>)) and most of all larry. for being the best sweeper, with out him showing us all the short cuts and bypass's they still be waiting for us. spudric's wrist is OK just bent bad Doc said to just take it easy for a couple weeks and wear a brace for a few weeks.
thanks again
spudrick & 70 marlin

oww ya GPS strikes again! we head back a bit early on sat. and the old hand held unit turn's off and we loss the rout back. thank goodness for a boy scout compass & map. the fast guy, told us to just follow the track back to the camp, well between the rain & four wheeler's there was'nt much tracks left after a couple miles of trails and fire roads.

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Marlin, it was nice to meet you

and "Spudrick" at Trailfest II. It is so cool to know the people behind the user-names. We had a nice time eating Chili and chatting at the campfire on Friday night after getting the KDX headlight to work. (Reminded me of "Blazing Saddles though! :scream: ) Making new friends is fun and that's what these Trailfests are all about. I've made many new friends this summer thanks to DRN! I've met a few real great riding partners that I can hook up with and ride any time I want to, we've had so much fun! I went riding 17 times this summer since that first post I responded to in March from WALKMAN - one ride for every year I've been away from riding -spooky coincidence!!!!! Can't wait until 2002!

Last edited:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Seventeen years? Holy cow Fred, what did you do, quit riding when you were ten!?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Marlin, I am glad to hear that TG 32's wrist will be OK. I agree with Fred that it is great to meet new riding buddies and to put a face behind the internet names.
Based on the baseball hat that he wore proudly on Saturday, Badgerman must be from Wisconsin. Maybe we should call him "cheese head".:p

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Actually, I have lived my entire life in Muskegon and Kent counties. I have been a rabid U of M fan since I was about eight years old.

As is usually the case, there is a humorous campfire story behind the BadgerMan moniker.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Ten!?

Nope, I quit riding when I was 28 in 1982 and I'm almost 47 now. My last bike was a 1981 KDX 175. Sold it in 1983 and thats all she wrote until this past March 26 when I wheeled out my brand spankin' new 2000 KDX 220! I have not stopped smiling since!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
One weak attempt at giving Badgerman a hard time. I guess I will have to wait until November 3rd to do it again - GO GREEN!!!!
We will need to get him around a campfire to hear the story in 2002.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by fatherandson
- GO GREEN!!!!

See, I knew Mike liked those Green Cabbage Patch Bikes....his words!!!:p

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Fred,

No offense intended with regard to the color of your Kwacker, but green is the color of envy!

The only combination I find to be more offensive is when you combine the green with gold! Yuk!

Go Blue

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Sorry Fred...wrong shade of green. I was referring to Michigan State Green and White!!!! Big showdown - November 3rd!!!

Hiller

May 22, 2001
Roy, Joe and myself had a great time also. Thanks to all who organized and thanks to Fred for the burgers. We'll know next time to bring more supplies (read: brown sodas).
Brian, thanks for the biggest smile award. It's fun chasing DRZ's around the woods (and passing when they stall). I'd like to say I was chasing around a YZ250F, however, I would actually have to see it to say I am chasing it. Badgerman, you are too fast:scream:

You can definately count us in for the next Trailfest.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Hiller,

I’m really not that fast. I was riding way over my head in attempt to get away from a great big MSU fan on a KTM who is still mad about last year’s Michigan/Michigan State game!

Actually, somebody on a yellow bike suggested above that I was insane. That may be the more correct reference.

It was great to have y’all join us. Hopefully you can make the next one too. And not to worry, we always bring extra “brown sodas” in case someone forgets their’s.

Don’t forget Mark’s ride on the 3rd of November.

TF
:D

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'll be there!

Originally posted by fatherandson
Sorry Fred...wrong shade of green. I was referring to Michigan State Green and White!!!! Big showdown - November 3rd!!!

Got tickets for the MSU - U of M game and I'm wearing my Blue and Gold to the game! :)

Top Bottom