jerinyeahoh

Feb 13, 2010
i got a '02 RM125. its got a v force reed thingymajig and an fmf fatty other than that its all stock. What are one or a few things i can do to it do get those extra horses out of it. i guess im looking mostly for bang for my buck.

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
jerinyeahoh said:
i got a '02 RM125. its got a v force reed thingymajig and an fmf fatty other than that its all stock. What are one or a few things i can do to it do get those extra horses out of it. i guess im looking mostly for bang for my buck.
make sure the bike is jetted right, a well jetted bike make all the difference and can bring out the power of your engine.
and spend alot of seat time.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
If you buy 20 thingamajiggies, the only way your bike will be faster, is if you ride with your wallet! The only way your bike will get more horsepower than stock is to make it a bigger bore. Keep your bike stock, the engine will last the longest. Are you ready to do a top end every 5~7 hours? Keep up on the stock maintenance schedules and put a LOT more seat time in. And do not forget maintenance on your suspension. That is where your best money could be spent, setting the bike up for your speed/style. Vintage Bob

FLYING.FINN

Mar 3, 2010
jerinyeahoh said:
Hi,..I think I know what you're after....just a few mods you can do to the bike for better performance. I just picked up a "2000 Suzuki RM-125" and the bottom end has already been done for me, (new crankshaft assembly, new connecting rod and rod bearings). So,..if you're not in need of bottom end refreshening,..then I would get your jug honed and get a new set of rings. While you have it off,... you could always have the jug ported,..(intake,exhaust+boost ports). ***If going all the way,..bore it out and get a "big piston/ring" kit or stroker kit, (but that's wasted money if you're not planning on keeping the bike for quite awhile). Then there's the carburetor way;...swap to a Mikuni carb, (my 2000 came with a Keihan carb STOCK), get a couple millimeter larger one..like from 36 to a 38mm.etc.), also getting them jetted properly..is a cheap performance upgrade.

Top Bottom