Mx South My Last Word

reynome

Sep 1, 1999
This is my last comment from the MX SOUTH BEWARE thread in the product reviews board. I agree this is where that thread was headed.

Everyone will be biased, thats human nature. I take whatever anyone says with a grain of salt. That includes my comments too.

Jeff's validity can be measured by the cost of shipping he quoted on 2 3 oz items not shipped overnight. They fit in a US Mail onvelope and were sent to me via wild skins for $3.50.

Rich and the DRN Amins will be inclined to lean toward a sponsor of the site, I can understand that too.

Im glad that Jeff refunded the money on my credit card. I appretiate it. I dont mind giving to charity, MX South aint one though.

Please note I am putting this issue to rest and will not comment on it further.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by reynome
Rich and the DRN Amins will be inclined to lean toward a sponsor of the site, I can understand that too.

FWIW, I was a LOYAL MX South customer long before DRN was even an idea. Nothing has changed since then :)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by reynome
Well after a comment like that you are a wise man not to have any further comment... a certain Admin has had a rough month and might be looking for a bone to pick with an someone that is accusing him of bowing to the almighty advertising dollar. Lemme know when you are ready to comment... either here or e-mail, all the same to me bubba.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sorry do disappoint ya' but if ANY company does me wrong and is unwilling to make corrective action you WILL see it posted here. Just like the "DRN Tested" stuff if it's good we'll tell ya' and if it ain't you'll hear that too. Be looking for a "DRN Tested" on both the e-rider rear disc and hyd. clutch kit in the near future. I will be doing the hyd. clutch kit review and no it was not a freebie to DRN or me. The e-rider guys also want the truth good or bad they just want to know what I think. Same goes with the disc review. Eric Gorr has my KTM engine as we speak, Jeremy Wilkey (MX-Tech) did my fork last year and I'm so impressed I gave him my OHLINS shock. I will not ever ride without my Asterisk Cells and have never been treated poorly by Plano Honda. I have asked some pretty off the wall questions of both Service Honda's AJ Waggoner, Emig Racing's Paige Emig, and Jeremy of MX-Tech about possible project bikes. ALL have been more than accomidating in providing answers and solutions. I think it's time everyone realize Okie doesn't go out chumming for just anybody to advertise on DRN. Companies that are sponsors of the site provide quality product and/or service not just a product and/or service. Sometimes things get messed up it happens, name a business where it doesn't, but I assure you if you click on any of the sponsor links you WILL be getting the best product or service period. This is what seperates us from ANY of the magazines, NOBODY here will be swayed by an advertising dollar.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Suck it up, Nancy.

:mad:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Sorry dude--I haven't read your post, but life's too short to get bent out of shape over the cost of a #3 Micky-D's combo. Big effing deal.:silly: There are many MORE important things to worry about, don't you think?

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
There have been many posts on magazines bowing to the advertising dollars. Now you think folks are doing this here? No way! One thing is a certain in my book, the integrity of the admins and mods of DRN.

Grok

Oct 14, 2001
In my opinion, reynome would be a "challenging" customer and would test any company's patience. I also think MX south acknowledged, there was a lapse in common sense in the handling of this matter. reynome should go back to "human school" and revisit the "valued customer" seminar.... reading his indignant thread made me cringe.:scream:

But, come on! You guys unbiased by paying advertisers :) :) :) !

That's just plain silly. :confused: Heck I'm biased by them and they don't give me money.

Their support DESERVES our support, or at least some form of consideration. I think everyone knows that the reynome thing was sad and pathetic.
But lets "stay real" guys.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by Grok
That's just plain silly. :confused: Heck I'm biased by them and they don't give me money.
Well then you and I pull the same salary from DRN then. I am biased by their service. I was a customer of theirs before I ever became part of DRN. And that is as real as I know how to get.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Grok
But, come on! You guys unbiased by paying advertisers :) :) :) !

That's just plain silly. :confused:

Maybe not. Pro Circuit was nice enough to sign on to sponsor DW01 but it hasn't changed my opinion of their products and services. Some things will stay consistent :D

Grok

Oct 14, 2001
Hey, being biased is different than being controlled by advertisers. I definitely don't think you guys are controlled in any way by advertisers.

In fact I think your pretty much Outta Control! Ha Ha;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Tell you guys and gals what. Send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I will send you a copy of my paystub from Okie then you can all see why we're so biased.

Oh, and for those of you that don't want to get an envelope full of air? Save the stamps 'cause there ain't nothin' there kids, it's all about the love of the sport and the fun.

I'm only biased towards good service, good products, and good equipment. When I can't get it from one of the links to the left you'll know.

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

Maybe not. Pro Circuit was nice enough to sign on to sponsor DW01 but it hasn't changed my opinion of their products and services. Some things will stay consistent :D

I was suprised to see a PC ad here after all the PC bashing I've heard here.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by KXKen
I was suprised to see a PC ad here after all the PC bashing I've heard here.

There are pro and con opinions of PC presented out here, mine just happens to be con :D

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Well Ill give my Unbiased view on the situation, Reynome was ticked and had a good reason, it does not matter who you are, you just can't go and take someone's money because you feel you have the right. That's common sense and just not a good buisness practice, and after reading Jeff's post he said it was wrong etc. he admitted it and it was end of story, BUT Reynome lacked responsibility, he told Jeff these products looked shotty and he stood buy that and said keep em, no charge. So everything was good, but Reynome than LOVED them, so that's not really fair is it? That's like me ordering a burger and looking at it and saying that wont taste good so I keep it and ask Mc.D for my money back, get it my car and love it. But personally I think that if Rey just gave a simple "Thanks Jeff they actually worked good, do you want the money for them"
I really don't think Jeff would say "yes please I need that 6 bucks so bad" he sounds like he knows his buisness pretty good and he would probably lose a whopping 6 bucks for a customer.
So I think common sense was lacking here, that's all

just my .02:D

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
I can't believe someone would even waste there time to flame MX South over $3. I buy alot of stuff from Jeff every month and have it shipped all over the place and have never had a problem with Jeff or any of his staff. I believe that if I told Jeff I was motoing on the moon next week and needed a skidplate he would be up in Titusville trying to put it on the space shuttle.
Roost on!!

Grok

Oct 14, 2001
I'm only biased towards good service, good products, and good equipment. When I can't get it from one of the links to the left you'll know.
Exactly!
And and I'll always be biased towards companies that put something back into the sport like the DRN sponsers.
I didn't mean to imply that you guys were on a payroll.:eek:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
KXKen I was a little suprised that ProCircuit jumped in as well. Was I unhappy they did? NOT A BIT! They provide services and parts that some people want just because it says "ProCircuit". Face it it's pretty hard to make a clutch or ignition cover that DOESN'T work and their's looks cool (although I'm waiting for an even cooler one from a fledgling company getting ready to release theirs, no I won't tell but you WILL see it here first I'm sure). Triple clamps? Pretty hard not to make something better than stock on most bikes. My only personal experience with them was when I was trying to obtain information about a pipe and spark arrestor for my bike. I called them 5 times on my dime to ask a couple simple questions that none of the suppliers could answer. Each time I was assured I would get a call back. After 3 weeks I gave up. Would I have made their fiscal year by getting my parts from them? Nope but I might have been a satisfied customer who told all his friends and Internet pals what a great pipe and S/A they had. On the flip side I called FMF and left a message then got a call back within 30 minutes that answered every question and more. MXTuner hooked me up with a good deal (no I don't know why he has gone MIA) and I'm a very happy FMF customer. So since I have no direct personal experience with Mitch Payton's group I can't give REAL useful feedback on their porting, suspension, or exhaust and feel I'm doing anybody a favor. So was PC being a DW'01 sponsor a good thing? Heck yes! They provided some nice stuff and lots of folks went home with a smile on their face and ProCircuit got some exposure which I'm sure will make an impact on some people that are trying to decide between this or that clutch cover, etc... So far the companies I have chosen to use for my suspension and engine upgrades and the companies that I get my other parts from have treated me right so I have no need to look any place else.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
$3.55 for shipping.

Let's see, $3.55 to drop ship something to your house versus:
The cost of fuel in your vehicle, prorate the insurance, wear and tear on the engine, drive train, brakes, and tires. The time to drive to a local shop for the item. The return trip to the local shop a week later to actually pick up the item. Unless your driving a eco-friendly hybrid automobile, this would probably cost you $10.00. $3.55 is a bargain to be able to sit on your arse in front of your computer and beech about a company trying to do business the best they can. There is no doubt that MXSouth stocks a wide range of items, styles, colors, sizes, fitting different bikes and people, as well as, different tastes. Next time, just wish you had the item and save yourself from getting worked up over it.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I know absolutely nothing about MXSouth except that they were nice enough to provide free stuff at Dirtweek, some of which I took the liberty to bring home with me. Just my opinion, but if they were really out to cheat the consumer out of $6, why donate hundreds of dollars worth of stuff to a bunch of us spodes?

:think

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
why donate hundreds of dollars worth of stuff to a bunch of us spodes?
To be precisce... $4,000.00 worth of stuff given to Dirtweek.

Keith M

Oct 14, 2001
I just ordered 2001 MSR pants two jerseys and two pairs of gloves from Jeffs close outs for about 130.00 I thought that was a good deal! I talked to them on the phone and Emails, I even emailed them some extra stuff I found and wanted and Jeff said no problem that was the next day, I like them so far! and the prices are good to:D I think all this stuff is small potatoes and will pass in time ;) have a good weekend you all! Keith.

Top Bottom