ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
I have been doing a little mail ordering lately, because of difficulty with availability through the local dealers suppliers. I had remembered some of the positve comments about MX South, and was helped by Jeff. I was thoroughly impressed with the service, even inlight of a mis ship. Jeff simply airfreighted me the proper part overnight, discounted it farther, and asked for the other to be sent when I got a chance. If my local shop treated people like that, they would have to triple the size of there parking lot. I highly reccomend them, Thanx Jeff!

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
I buy alot of stuff from Jeff and he even calls me at home to let me know the stuff is in the mail.

WAY TO GO JEFF and Mx South!!!!! :D

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
The times that I have ordered from them, nothing but good. A couple of times they didn't have, or able to get quickly, my entire order. They call to let me know, and asked if I would like to wait on the entire order, take partial order now rest later, cancel all, (you get the picture). Thing is, he didn't wait until I came looking for the hold up(like many others), he came to me, and quick. It's nice to deal with folks like that.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I had ordered a pair of AXO boots from Jeff a while back, didn't like the fit & returned them. I called him a few days later to see if he had rec'd them, & change my order to the new Gaerne SG1's. When I told him why I didn't like th AXO's (too stiff, uncomfortable), he recommended I try the O'Neal Hardwears instead, said he just bought a pair for himself & really liked them over any other boot he carries in stock (which is just about everything). Great advise. I love them, too.

I used to hesitate about ordering from MXSouth, because they don't have any fancy online ordering system like Bob's or the others, but I've actually found that I enjoy calling & talking to them. And since my delaer doens't hardly carry anything in stock, I figure to do all my business w/ Jeff from now on. He's cheaper, quicker, friendlier & actually more accessible, even though he's on the other side of the country :)

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
I called and ordered a Scotts stabilizer, triple clamp, bar package from them around closing time on Friday night. Not too complicated an order but a little out of the ordinary because I wanted them to have Scotts ship it directly to me (they're an hour or so away from me). The young man who took my order was very helpful and someone (Jeff?) called me back about 20 minutes later to review the order.

Ordered late Friday, delivered to my house Tuesday AM. I'm very happy and satisfied with that service.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Placed a pretty big order a few weeks ago (all of it for Little Patman :( ). Everything was delivered the following week just as he said. Can't beat the price or the service.

seerf450

Apr 23, 2002
My first order was great! My second was not, the girl I spoke to was the most rude and obnoxious person I have ever dealt with; took them 3 weeks to get my stuff to me and it wasn't back orderd. I will not do business with them anymore. There prices aren't that great. In order to get a good price you have to wheel and deal. First you call them and tell them you found the item at this price, then they have to research it and call you back because they don't believe you. Rocky Mountain has much lower prices and ordering online is much easier. Customer service is top notch too. Try www.rockymountainatv.com better prices and service and I don't have to call for a good price. MXSouth Sucks..... :uh:

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
I sent an email to MXSouth for some prices/availability and they sent back a quote quickly, with all the information I needed so I placed an order. They sent all the parts, and they were all correct, and all arrived quickly. They only charged me the shipping on one package even though 3 were sent from different locations. That's good enough to win my business. :)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by seerf450
My first order was great! My second was not, the girl I spoke to was the most rude and obnoxious person I have ever dealt with; took them 3 weeks to get my stuff to me and it wasn't back orderd. I will not do business with them anymore. <snipped by mo> MXSouth Sucks..... :uh:

Did you call Jeff and try to resolve it? I have found that things happen sometimes but you should try and set it straight.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by seerf450
...There prices aren't that great. In order to get a good price you have to wheel and deal. First you call them and tell them you found the item at this price, then they have to research it and call you back because they don't believe you. Rocky Mountain has much lower prices and ordering online is much easier. Customer service is top notch too. Try www.rockymountainatv.com better prices and service and I don't have to call for a good price. MXSouth Sucks..... :uh:

I don't care if you buy from Rocky Mountain, but just to get this straight- MXSouth's advertised prices are sometimes higher, sometimes lower than the competition. There seems to be an even give and take on different items. Re: their policy of either putting you on hold, or calling you back to confirm a price- that saves their butts from unethical people from calling up & saying "I saw JimBob's advertising a pair of Tech 8's for $199.95!- beat it!" :silly:

So, she was rude to you for no reason whatsoever? Totally unprovoked, no condescending or sarcastic tone of voice from you first?

seerf450

Apr 23, 2002
Originally posted by zio

So, she was rude to you for no reason whatsoever? Totally unprovoked, no condescending or sarcastic tone of voice from you first?

Yes she was rude for no reason and no I was calm and polite. I know most of you think the world of MX South, but the fact of the matter is MX South is not perfect and I'm not the first one to be treated like this. Just do a search on MX South. I've dealt with Jeff and Beth or is it Betty; and service was great. But jeff has some girl working for him that is not helping his reputation. I don't remember her name because I was in shock. I mean, I just spent $400 on order 2 weeks ago and another 300 now, and this the treatment I get. I told her that if this was the way I was going to be treated then I would not do business with them anymore, and I told her I was going to call Jeff and tell him about the whole thing. She quickly changed her tone of voice and said, "but sir please wait" at which point I said goodbye and have a nice day. I never did call Jeff, what for? Between RockyMountain, Bobs Cycle, and BTO Sports, I can get everthing I need at better prices than MX South. I'm sure the sponsoring members are going to come back with something. You guys can't except the fact the MX South screws up now and then. You'll probably says something like it was probably my fault because you promote MX South so much. You almost sound like MXA and their biased opinions of Yamaha. Yamaha is perfect, no other bike compares. MX South is perfect, and you're at fault. Well excuse me for sharing my experience with MX South....They Suck... or at least one their employees.... :uh:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
seerf450 enlightened us with this bit of wisdom

I never did call Jeff, what for?

to let him know about your situation. How can anybody fix a problem if they don't know about it?

I'm sure the sponsoring members are going to come back with something. You guys can't except the fact the MX South screws up now and then. [/B]

Yes I can. Everybody screws up, but legit vendors would want to fix it. They can't read minds though and it pretty much sucks you would bash them without even letting them know why :whiner: :whiner:

WHERE'S RICH WHEN YOU NEED HIM? :think:

BTW - I have no allegiance to MX South, but I do give them a chance to earn my business, just like everyone else. If you get burned, voice your opinion to the business and make them fix it. If they won't then shame on them for not wanting your money. If you don't want them to fix it, then shame on you for bringing it here!

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Tell me about one company out there that has never had a bad situation arise. I’m not saying you are to blame, but I agree with slo’ mo, Jeff would want to know.

For me it’s how well a company handles a bad situation (if one arises) that determines my future business. The point is to let him know you had a problem. He’ll make it right.

BTW I order from other folks as well. If I need it right now at a good price, I call MX South.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I think the world of MXSouth, sure. They've done great things for me. But I have ordered from Rocky Mountain & rec'd great service from them as well.

I wasn't being sarcastic or anything when I asked you if her rudeness was unprovoked, I really wondered. And, I don't doubt that one of the employees there could have acted that way. Happens to all companies.

Sorry to hear you got that kind of treatment. Really. I just got some really good service from them the last two times I ordered: One, they discounted an item without my asking, by quite a bit. Two- when I didn't like an item I had ordered & exchanged it for a different, but more expensive brand, they gave me the new item at the price of the old one, again without my asking. And he didn't charge me shipping for it. So I get on a little MXSouth kick now & then. My sort of motiviation for promoting them is I work in an industry where word of mouth & referrals are what feed my family.

Don't feel like we're all going to bash you, if you have legitimate complaints, please voice them. I was just unsure if it was your attitude or the girl's.

I agree w/ slo' mo that you maybe should have given Jeff the chance to make it right first, but I can't say I would have. I shy away from those types of confrontations.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Every company has problems like that, plain and simple.
Every company has customers who take the time to complain in an open forum, but won't take the time to make the call to let someone at the complany know there is an issue. They can't fix a problem they don't know about.

When someone finds a copmpany that never makes a mistake or has perfect employees, please let me know. Funny, everyone wants their parts at dealer cost and expects the comapnies to be able to afford top shelf customer service people. Sorry... low margins that the market deals with puts a real strain on their ability to afford the best people. Believe it or not, they really do need to make a profit... :silly: I'm not saying that's the issue here, but it is effecting a lot of mail order companies.

It was said above; ANY company can do well when an order is simple, in-stock and they have great employees. What seperates the best companies from the rest is how they resolve the problem - THAT'S when you find-out if you are important to them. I assure you, given the chance, Jeff would have made it right. He can't do that if he doesn't know about it.

Jeff hasn't been perfect with every single order of mine either, I just have a realistic view of what companies like his deal with, perfection is impossible. If he had the ability to hold everyone's hand all the way thru the order process, he's the kind of guy that would.

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
Okie.. very well said and accurate. Jeff deals with multiple locations and time zones, not to mention the human side of it. I'm on the other side of the country from him, I'm smart enough to understand the logistics of this kind of business. The screw-up was not even of his doing, but he felt compelled to do what he could, you could tell. I do not shop by prices alone, I wan't performance! Jeff showed me he is devoted and passionate about what he does. I will support and promote a guy like that anyday. It is the lack of that effort from my local shop, that made me look at other options. I felt guilty seeing he gave his marginal profit up to accomadate my needs, I would not let him pay for return shipping. Hell, how many times has your local shop got you the wrong part? or screwed up and not ordered it on time? I know I have made my share of mistakes, thankfully the average person can see it for what it is, and judge you by how you deal with it, not the fact you aren't perfect.

Last edited:

RedFuelDlux

Feb 10, 2002
Are you guys freaking mad?!? Do you have stock in the company or what? Jeff is a total jerk! Not only is he a huge liar, but he acts like a twelve year old punk. Get this.....

I've delt with many many online suppliers and the two that has worst customer service has to be MXsouth and Chapparal. Ok first off, I ordered some supplies on a Friday via there email system. The following THURSDAY....almost a week later, I get an email from Jeff saying "Thanks Joe, I'm on it". What?? He is just processing my order? So I questioned him on it and he had the nerve to tell me I didn't order it but just a day before. That kinda pissed me so I emailed him back telling him that he must be mistaken, and he responded " no sir YOU are mistaken". Huh?? He then says my order shipped that day (Thursday).
So the following Wednesday, (Almost a week later) I still have no package. (Keep in mind MXsouth is in Florida and I'm in Tennessee, 2 days max shipping time.)
I emailed Jeff and he sent me a tracking number saying it should arrive by the end of the day. I checked it and he didn't even ship it until Tuesday, the day before. It wasn't even scheduled for delivery until that Thursday. Once again I was pissed, I asked him what was up with all the bs and it was very unprofessional. And I appauled to find that instead of recognizing the problem, he jumps down MY throat telling me that I'm "acting unprofessional and I should be happy that he is providing the service and my goods are in transit". What??? I tell him I'm forwarding this very unprofssional email to all my friends so they can see what kind of business he runs and he says "You've made so much of this up, you should be a writer to have such an imagination".
Talk about immature! What ever happend to Customer Satisfaction?

I've since learned this guy is not even a authorized dealer nor does he have a store address, he is simply a "Drop Shipper" that keeps no stock. When an order is placed, he then places an order to the manufacturer at dealer cost. The manufacturer (usually across the country.) then ships the package to him, he then recycles the box and ships it to you. So you are looking at long shipping times. He probably runs the business from his apartment.....

Buyer beware

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
If he runs the business from his apartment, there must not be much room. How can you house a bunch of employees and a server in your apartment and still have room to sleep? BTW, I ordered from them today and got very good service

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by RedFuelDlux
he acts like a twelve year old punk.

Behaviour you clearly have a working knowledge of :silly:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Put me on the list of people that are "mad". My order arrived within 4 days of placing the order. Personally I don't care if he lives in a box under a bridge, the service is there and the prices are VERY right. Of course I'm never so lazy as to just drop an email and hope that is bounces through the Internet without getting trapped somewhere. I prefer to have that human voice thing going so I can ask question, etc... besides that it takes less finger movement to dial the phone than type an email.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Lets all say it in unison "everyone sucks"

I only ordered once from MXsouth. Had no problem and recieved my order quickly. I'll use them again. It's ashame they don't carry more GG parts.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Stock? Dang it, how'd I miss out on that deal Okie? If it's worth as much as my stock in DRN, I'd be twice as filthy rich as I am now! ;)

Funny how people get all bent out of shape when some product or supplier they personally don't like gets a lot of props here.

Sheesh. Some folks don't have much capacity for leniency or understanding. I still don't really care much that some people here have had bad experiences with MXSouth. Big deal. Name one vendor that has never screwed up. You gots to roll with it, baby.

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
I've never seen a mail order company stir up as many emotions as MX South. Back in the early days when RMD was praising MXS as the next coming of Jesus Christ for motorcycle parts, I was nearly crucified for making a less-than-positive comment about the company. Glad to see nothing's changed. We all have our own expectations for mail order...here's my rules:

1. If I need it right away, use the phone.
2. If it's not in stock, go somewhere else.
3. If I'm not sure how it will fit, buy from local dealer.
4. If I'm expected to haggle over price to get the best deal, buy elsewhere.
5. Catalog + Internet Ordering + Competitive Pricing = Buy, Buy, Buy.

Believe it or not (and I wouldn't have 4 years ago), following the above rules has brought me back to Chaparral for about half my orders. Who woulda thought...

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom