My wifes photo (of our dog) to be published!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Got an e-mail this morning.......

Dear CARLEE,

The editorial team of Photography Laureates has conducted a detailed examination of the best photographs submitted to us in the last months. We have decided to publish in an Anthology the very best photographers and the most exceptional pictures we have encountered.

We would like to congratulate you for being selected for publication as part of our highly acclaimed Photography Anthology. As such, you are a finalist for the $6500 prize. As a Laureate and talented photographer, you now have access to several networking opportunities aimed at exposing you to the photography community.

Your photograph was selected out of hundreds of competing entries and you will be published along with other talented photographers.

Your photograph, OLIVER, was selected for its composition, structure and illusion of depth...

.. and will be published in our acclaimed "Best Of 2009 Photography", Deluxe, 8.5" X 11", Hard bound, 300 pages Special Edition anthology.

BEST OF 2009 PHOTOGRAPHY ANTHOLOGY:

CARLEE: This special edition will feature You as a Photographer with Your Biography

For a limited time, Click Here to enjoy this exclusive Anthology featuring your Photograph, for only $69(€43.40,£34.68). Please note that this offer expires on Feb-24-2009 (or until stocks expire). There will not be other opportunities.

Our Hard Bound Deluxe Anthologies have over 300 pages of leading photographs from Selected Laureates as well as several sections on photography techniques written by leading experts. They make terrific coffee table books and treasured gifts to friends and family! Your photograph will be published in this anthology along with your name and biography.

Every aspect of the publication and design of this leading edition, the Best of 2009 Photography Anthology, reflects the quality craftsmanship that went into the production of this special edition.

CARLEE, view sample selected pictures of fellow finalists by Clicking Here. Here are also a few sample photographs selected in the 2009 edition of this leading Photography Anthology:

It is also our pleasure to commemorate the publication of your photograph with a Limited Edition Certificate in your name, printed on a high quality Walnut wood finished Plaque. The plaque measures 10.5’’ X 13’’. As one of our photography laureates, your plaque will feature your name and Photograph as well as a Certificate of Achievement.

To receive a copy (copies) before reserves run out, please Click Here now.

You can also cut and paste this link in your browser:
http://www.photolaureates.org/payme...ntestPhotoID=228168&linkFrom=01_selected.html

CARLEE, all editors congratulate you on your accomplishment. A very small minority of the photographs we examined were selected to join our Society and considered for publication in our exclusive Anthology.

Please note that to recognize and reward selected photographers, we have established $6500 in prizes to be awarded at the sole discretion of our editorial team.

Again, congratulations, CARLEE: the Best of 2009 Photography is our most beautifully crafted hard bound Anthology. It features beautiful Photography artistry. We are proud to publish you as part of this talented and exclusive group of photographers. Your contribution to this project is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Warton
Senior Editor, Photography Laureates

She's ecstatic!!!! :)

Here's the pic....

Attachments

• Oliver - Copy.jpg
    Oliver - Copy.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 372

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Damn Chili.. Good call..

I hate a scam, and am glad you clued Joe into it.. Hopefully karma will catch up with these scumbags eventually.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
It sounds just like the scam they pulled on us in high school. Both my sister and I went to the same school and when we graduated we got letters from an organization called the Who's Who of American High School Students. We were amazed to find that we were selected to be a part of the giant book that they put out every year showcasing high school students. My sister graduated two years before I did and my parents bought into it. We got our copy of the book, which my parents paid for, a few weeks later and it was basically a big book with tiny pictures of all the other high schoolers who paid for their copies of the book. The book served no purpose and seemed to be a completely random listing of kids from all over the country. Luckily my parents knew better than to order this thing when it was my turn to graduate.

Nice picture, by the way!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Kawidude said:
It sounds just like the scam they pulled on us in high school. Both my sister and I went to the same school and when we graduated we got letters from an organization called the Who's Who of American High School Students. We were amazed to find that we were selected to be a part of the giant book that they put out every year showcasing high school students. My sister graduated two years before I did and my parents bought into it. We got our copy of the book, which my parents paid for, a few weeks later and it was basically a big book with tiny pictures of all the other high schoolers who paid for their copies of the book. The book served no purpose and seemed to be a completely random listing of kids from all over the country. Luckily my parents knew better than to order this thing when it was my turn to graduate.

Nice picture, by the way!

I got a call from a company doing that exact same thing a year ago.. Mind you, I graduated high school back when the horse & buggy were still popular.

They told me that they just needed me to update my information for inclusion in this directory.. I told em I was hiding from someone, and didn't need my info being spread around like that.

I hate scammers.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Uhh. Thanks for the heads up guys. :cool: I don't know if I'll tell her, she's pretty happy about it, but I definately won't order the book. :|

karkam

Jun 10, 2009
hello. i know this is going to sound really weird... but i got the SAME e-mail because i sent in a picture of my dog... named Oliver... and my name is also Karly. well... have a good night.

cheers.

nikievans

Sep 15, 2009
i got the same email this morning and i googled the best of 2008photgraphy anthology and the first thing that comes up is that it is a scam, i am not sure if it is though.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man that would suck if it's a scam because that is a real nice picture and I hope it doesn't deter her from continuing with her dream. My wife submitted a poem in a contest and it was actual pretty good. For $xx.xx we bought the book of all of the entries and then I found out it was a scam. Now she is so discouraged she doesn't want to write anymore. It's only been about 6 months so I hope time will heal but at least we got a book with lot's of poems--some good and some real real bad...including the one that supposedly won.

At least we have a book with her poem published in it.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I figure that 99% of the crap that comes to me in the mail is a scam.

I had a company hounding me for a few months about a book that they were putting together for my school. An alumni directory of some sort..

They wanted $59 bucks for the book..

I really don't care to talk to about 640 of the 650 people I went to high school with.

I certainly am not paying 60 bucks for the pleasure.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, I was just a sucker that day!

Thanks again guys.

RM_Guy, sorry to hear about your wife's discouragement, that sucks. Fortunately my wife has always loved taking pictures and I don't think abything would get her to stop. She knows she's not a professional and we can't justify high end lenses and such right now so when they turn out really well it's like a bonus.

mcdadekm0917

Dec 30, 2009
Congrats on the Photo

I am also being published in the BEST OF 2009 PHOTOGRAPHY ANTHOLOGY. This is my first publication so I am very excited as I am sure she is.
:nod:

Top Bottom