Need a small offroad style bike

GT4

Apr 17, 2006
Hi everyone. im looking for a small-mid size off road bike.
so far im looking at the Yamaha TT-R 125 (L or E) and the Honda CRF150F...
What do you guys think about each bike?
Which one is better? Needs to be a 4-stroke too.
Open to other bike oppions...
BTW im 16, 5' 7" and about 130 Lbs.

Thanks

GT4

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
At your size you might want to look at the CRF230F and TTR230. If you won't go to the larger bike, then definitely get the 150, as it's a little bigger than the TTR.

GT4

Apr 17, 2006
Im leaning toward more to the CRF150F i think. heres a newbie question for ya... i have a manual quad (honda) but it has a auto clutch and Electric Shifting (not the foot kind).... how do you operate the clutch and shifter? I know how and when to shift a manual tranny, but just the push button, auto clutch, kind.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
GT4 said:
. . . how do you operate the clutch and shifter?
Pull in clutch lever, put bike in gear, slowly release clutch lever while increasing throttle, go.

for shifting, let off the throttle, pull in the clutch, shift, release clutch, increase throttle.

Easier done than said, for sure.

GT4

Apr 17, 2006
nonono i know how to shift a manual like that but... (how can i explain) i meen the shift pattern!?
like shifting into 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. all i know so far is you put your foot over the lever and push down to shift or something...

GT4

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
one down the rest of them up...

GT4

Apr 17, 2006
whats the one down and the rest up?
my quads set up like: R-N-1-2-3-4-5..
of course dirt bike dont have reverse but is the pattern like that? sort of?

GT4

Apr 17, 2006
Neutrals after 1 st? thats weird. i guess thats what "one down the rest of them up"
meens right. thanks for the help/addvice.

Hustle

Apr 23, 2006
Its easier having Neutral inbetween gear 1 and 2 because noone uses gear 1 unless your stick in a ditch or something like that. When you start of, just kick it into second gear and your away. 1st gear is to powerfull and not fast enough to use to start of with.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom