New to dirt biking, need help on which bike

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
This is a very old thread, Voodoo, but I felt compelled to reply. I can tell by your immature response you are 16...you didnt need to tell me. Your logic is what I would expect from an arrogant 16 year old, ignorant and uninformed. First off, this is a dirt bike site, we dont care about your ATV experience. "They beef them [ATVs] up to handle the extra traction that an atv has" this is a statement that shows your ignorance. What does your 500 pound "Outlaw" ATV have to do with dirt bikes? Nothing. Its 500 pounds on 4 wheels...genius...you cant compare the weight of an ATV to a bike. Your first bike was a CRF450X?...if true...thats great, being such a quick learner, Im sure you are an A class rider by now. You are probably making big money from sponsors and driving a Porche. The fact is, Voodoo, most people arent as gifted as you are. Most 16 year old beginners should not begin riding on a CRF450X because it is not safe...too much weight and power for a beginner. So, perhaps you shouldnt be giving bad advise to all of the riders out there that arent as talented as you are.

"jb dallas is being rediculous" Its spelled ridiculous...maybe you should spend more time in school studying instead of writing nonsense on this site.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I took the time to find a CRF450X owners manual online. The manual suggests a new piston and rings every 15 hours for competition use. I personally believe that 15 hours is excessive, so I stated 30-40 hours which may be more realistic for non competition riding. I suppose you want to give Honda a call and debate with them? Here is my suggestion....perhaps you should educate yourself before writing misinformation like the thread above. Go to page 33. Remember - Stay in school.

http://www.hondamc.com/upload/Download/CRF450X9 Instruktionbok.pdf

Last edited:
Top Bottom