m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
ok, i bought the bike, a 1999 cr250r. i never could feel when the power band kicks in. will snap, im really not sure how it should feel on a 250? also, the person told me they never did the reed valves, they bought it brand new. there the ones from 1999. could that play a role in this? should i clean the power valve? how should the power band feel? thanks for any help.

-mike.

allthingsdirt

Jun 6, 2007
Yes, you should be changing out those reeds, and cleaning the powervalve, and while you're at it throw a new piston/rings in it.

The "powerband" on your 250 likely won't be as hard hitting or lightswitch like, for lack of a better word, as it would be on a 80 or even a 125 an there for won't be as noticeable.

Congrats on the new bike.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
the bike has a fairly new top end. yea, i heard the smaller bike has a feeling as if you turn on a switch when the power bands hits. i was just making sure it was running properly. thanks for the congrats.

-mike.

Brian1c

Nov 28, 2007
I have the same bike. The powerband kicks around 5500 rpm (midway). Its pretty lazy on bottom. I just had a 265 kit put in so I'm hoping it will get closer to my RM250 that just plain rips from 3000 rpm up

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom