Jonny Whyte

Jun 12, 2004
Hi

I'm 15 and I am a bit concerned that my fat level is too low, because I have learned that after your body uses all its energy from sugar and glucose, that it then goes on to the fat stored in your body. Would this be a reason why I am getting very tired during a race? I train twice a week in the gym and I go cycling and I am still getting tired. Or should I be eating loads of carbohydrates a couple of days before a race to give my body an energy store that way??

Please HELP!!! :bang:

Anssi

May 20, 2001
It is not because you have too little fat. One pound of fat has about 3000 kcal of energy, and unless you have unhealthily low levels of fat (you would see those little spidery veins all over your body), there will be at least about 7 pounds of fat in your body (even if you weigh 100 lbs.). No off-road race will consume 21000 kcal of energy.

If you want to get a basic level of understanding about how your body works (concerning nutrition and exercise), read the relevant parts of this:
http://www.concept2.co.uk/guide/

You could be overtrained or not eating or hydrating properly.

Jonny Whyte

Jun 12, 2004
Thanks for that link it give me a better idea of what i should be eating. After reading it I realised that it was my diet that was the problem.

Thanks again

Top Bottom