Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I have worn Bell helmets for 20 years, and I'm interested in the One Industries Trooper Helmet. Who has one? Good, bad, fit, sizing, air flow, quality?

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Bruce,
I'm not a Shoei fan. Their detail is great, but they don't fit me well. I would go with another Bell as they fit me well, but the current Moto 7 is the worst looking helmet that has come out of the Moto line. I'm not in a postion that I need to buy a new helmet, I just want one. I may wait unitl the new Moto 8 comes out if I can not get some real world advise.

Thanks for your reply.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Since you haven't gotten much feedback..........

I wore a Moto 7 a few years back until I switched to Thor SVR's for the past 3 years (Thor = made by HJC). I absolutely loved my Thor SVRs in all aspects (fit, comfort, weight, cooling, ease of cleaning, etc.). The Moto 7 wasn't exactly my favorite lid as it fit kinda funky in the cheeck and darn near took off my ears putting it on/off. I'd give it a 5-6 in comfort compared to a 9-10 for the Thor SVR.

We just recently switched to wearing Answer gear, so we're looking to trade out Thor SVR lids in on something else. While trying on helmets, Red (my guy) and I tried on the following: One Industries Trooper, Troy Lee and M2R and found the Trooper to be our favorite in fit and helmet style. We both felt that the Troy Lee and M2R didn't come down far enough in the chin area and we didn't like the feeling of a lack of protection. We both thought that the Trooper was super comfortable and well fitting and is our top choice of helmet right now. It just has a funky looking mouthpiece!

Do you have a shop where you can try on one? That's the best way to decide.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
What Nikki said --- every head is different, you got to try one on first.

However I found the Thor,One Industries,SixSixOne to be cheaply made helmets compared to Shoei.

Maybe because of the perfect fit I have with Shoei, but I'll never wear another brand.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Thanks for the reply Nikki. My current lid is a Moto 7 and I like the fit of the the helmet. I've tried on HJC's before and didn't like the feel of them. Like you, I like the looks of the Trooper helmet. I think its really different compared to what else is out on the market. Kind of like when JT came out with their full face helmet in the 80's. I have about 6 shops with in 30 minutes of my house, so Saturday I plan to make the rounds to see what everyone has in stock to try on. I'm afraid I will find mostly HJC, so I may just have to order a Trooper helmet on-line to try on. Like Kelsorat stated every head is different, I guess that's why next to buying new boots this is one of the hardest decisions to make. :coocoo:

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
I wear a HJC (XL) - it fits me well. I tried on the One industries and it was a bit snug (XL). The difference might be mine is all broke in - but I still think the trooper was slightly smaller. Nice helmet and all - just a bit of info on sizing comparison. Don't know if Nikki had the same result.

Top Bottom