agdchi

Jan 9, 2003
I'm headed to the dunes in a couple of weeks and bought a paddle tire for the occasion. A couple of the guys I'm going with said that I may have to add an extre link to my chain and move my rear wheel back in order to achieve proper clearance. Has anyone ever used one of these on a KDX? How can I expect this bike to perform in the sand with one of these tires? Are the mods listed above necessary? Thanks in advance for any responses.

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
I dont know about the '03 but I had to do this on my '92 or it hit the mud flap and broke it off. Your bike should be fine in the sand. I have ridden at silver lake with and without a paddle. The paddle sure helps but you can do some mean powerslides without it. Just remember if you do get that paddle to spin on a take off it will dig faster than it propells you leading to a stuck bike. Have fun and besure to regrease every bearing when you get home and clean your air filter. Another thing check your float bowl for sand when you get back. Sand gets everywhere! You can prepare by using a prefilter and being extra carful when filling your gas tank but you will still get sand where you dont want it.

Top Bottom