Mar 12, 2004
Has anybody run a paddle on the 06 crf250? I mounted one the other day (110/90/19) and it slightly rubs the swingarm. The dealer said to remove the mud flap and just let the tire rub the swingarm. Is this a good idea? What about sand blasting the shock? Will it damage the swingarm? Has anybody run a smaller rear spocket? Should I run a larger chain? How many links? Any help would be appreciated.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i found that mine was only hitting the mud flap at high speeds. the cups create a vacuum and suck it in the faster i went . i trimmed it so it would never touch the swingarm but left it as long as possible. then heated it up and tweaked it so it wouldnt get sucked in anymore. ohh i also went and did 2 or 3 burnouts on blacktop to knock about 1/4" off the cups ;)

for 15$ i got a fresh one for the knobby

just my experience

Mar 12, 2004
Your paddle didn't rub the swingarm? I have a 110/90/19 chen sand pro 8 paddle. I just looked online and see they make a 6 paddle 100/90/19 . Do you think I need a smaller paddle?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
dune-addiction said:
Your paddle didn't rub the swingarm? I have a 110/90/19 chen sand pro 8 paddle. I just looked online and see they make a 6 paddle 100/90/19 . Do you think I need a smaller paddle?

100 is the width i think :think: but you have the exact same paddle as i do and what i already posted cured it , you need minimal clearance and youre good. the flap takes up more valuable space than you think.

take the 2 screws out to remove it. if theres no rubbing, modify it and get a new one for the knobby

Top Bottom