ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
ITCHING to ride
LOL Eel! We did that trail too! Give Darth Bundy a couple days and we'll see if he's still blemish free! :debil:
Thumbs- looking forward to seeing you there! We need to show these dark siders what we're made of!
Oldnstealth--I'm sorry I didn't get to see the loop, nor 'the kiss of death' trick! Maybe next time I should follow you!:p Ha Ha, just kidding!

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I think I may have to invest in one of those new fangled picture thingies that goes on your helmet so I can "Blackmail" I mean capture all of the fun. :p

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I've got a digital just for the occasion!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
KTMB - how many sizes did you go up on the main and on the pilot ?

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Eel-- I only went up one size on each. My pilots run in odd sizes like 60, 62, 68, etc., and my mains run like 160,165,170, etc. I can't remember the exact sizes I popped in; I just know I pulled out what was in there and grabbed the next bigger jet.:confused:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
The ridges we'll be riding are in the 4000-4500' elevations. I mostly re-jetted for the cold, as I'm already jetted for 3000-4500', which is where I ride. The previous Phelan ride (right after the weather cooled) my bike ran like c***, and I found out on another post that one should re-jet in winter. Colder air is thicker air, which leans out your fuel mixture. All I know is that it was colder than snot last Sunday, and the bike ran great with the larger jets.
BTW, when I ride Big Bear/Arrowhead, I generally go down one size (elev. 5000-6800') if that helps any.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Phelan 100

I'm gonna call this the Phelan 100. Those who finish get a cold one. Those who don't finish get a cold one. Anyone who shows ... gets a cold one.

I'm already planning the Gorman 100 ! The El Mirage 100 ! The Kennedy Meadows 100 ! The Arrowhead 100 ! The Cal City 100 ! The Dove Springs 100 ! The Spangler Hills 100 ! What a great idea ! I'm an idiot savant. A demented genius. I'm full of ... :)

Thumbs - if you're not gonna get a new bike too soon you should run out and get yourself a bigger tank - Clarke Manufacturing makes a 3.0 for $155. IMS makes a 3.5 for $225.

Last edited:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Perfect - we'll rename it the Snowy Trail 100 - all we do is Snowy up and down for 100 miles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody please help me - I'm losing it - I need to ride before I go nutz ! :confused:

Last edited:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Oh please EEL... I'm still stuck here in Victorville working 12-14 hour days. Been at if for 32 days straight without a day off and still counting. Meanwhile you guys are right up the road having a blast and then POSTING it on here for me to see :( Waaaa Waaa....

Think I will possibly be at Gorman Sunday though :)

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Come on out TTR & GSR

You guys should come out for our attempt at 100 miles on the 15th. Havent got to ride with you guys since the Big Bear run. If your still workin just have GSR bring the bikes, will be right down the road from where you are now.

mxbundy

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Eel, you're losing it brother, by God, get yourself together. We haven't even ridden yet for crying out loud. You better get there early so you can burn off some of that excitement! It might work out great, if I run out of gas, you can push me with all that energy! Maybe I'll bring a rope and tie it around ktmboys waste!
Elk

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Re: Phelan 100

Originally posted by the Eel
Thumbs - if you're not gonna get a new bike too soon you should run out and get yourself a bigger tank - Clarke Manufacturing makes a 3.0 for $155. IMS makes a 3.5 for $225.
Dear Santa ................

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Hey TTRGuy-I second that! Have GSR motor the bikes on up and sneak on out on Saturday. I can garage them for you if Speedy wants to stay over-night.:D

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Thanks for the offer guys but the big problem is that I am working 12 hour days (or nights) depending on what equipment we are trying to start up. About half the guys out here at the plant ride and 1 of them has offered to let me take his '98 YZ400' but it still doesn't do me any good without some time off. I am considering riding on the 15th. I will probably work Friday 7:00pm to Sat. 7:00 am, try to ride some then be back in here to work Sat. 7:00 pm :)

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Pencil me in gents. Looking forward to it but I've got a work related X-mas party to be at by 7pm which means cutting out around 3:30.:think Eel, Thumbs ...what time do guys plan on leaving? I'll drive out myself if need be.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Cool Captain J ! I'll probably be leaving later than that unless we finish early. Check "Places to Ride" - there is already a lot of funny stuff in the thread for the ride.

Nooooooooooo .... :)

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Jack - I'll be there all day if I can be. I have not thrown a leg over the scooter in a few weeks and want to ride as much as I can. I might have some place to be that night, if that's the case I'll leave early........so lets play it by ear.

Top Bottom