• Cooperland: Maybe.

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • Cooperland: No way!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Casey: Absolutely.

Votes: 70 32.7%
  • Casey: Hmmm, perhaps.

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Casey: Nope. Nuh-uh. Ain't gonna happen!

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Either location: Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Either location: Eh, if I get around to it.

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Either location: Not a chance!

Votes: 16 7.5%

• Total voters

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
If we have DW at Casey, the HS course needs to be marked a little better. All alternate routes should be roped off, so idjits like me won't cut the course

yep, you followed me off course once. sorry, i was lost too. the first lap, there were about eight of us together that got off course and ended up in the field. we probably lost five minutes right there.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I ended up in that field too. :p I guess the adult sodas had something to do with that, but I was feeling no...I mean...well I don't know what I mean. :uh:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
LOL!
And here I was thinking that I was the only one to find that corn field. :confused:

and Okie,
Half the fun of the team hare scramble was handing off the hair elastic.
Billy and I had a tough time on the first lap, but by the end we had it down to a science.
Now, :think:if Only I could get my lap times on par with his we would be unstoppable!!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Papakeith
LOL!
Now, :think:if Only I could get my lap times on par with his we would be unstoppable!!
That might create a severe rider hazard with all of the blown motor parts on the course. :eek: :p

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
For those of you here weren't there, this is an actual post team HS conversation. Busterwho (Billy) borrowed Jay's (Oldloafer) Gas Gas.

ME: "So, how did you like riding off road?"

BILLY: "Man, that was fun! I don't even know what kind of bike this is. What is this a 125, a 200?"

ME: "Actually, Jay's bike is a Gas Gas EC300."

BILLY: "This is a 300? I really couldn't tell...I just kept the throttle pinned and kept shifting until it ran out of gears!"

Yikes. Billy was really moving when he came by me...both times. I didn't have any problems getting lost...The course was practically the same as the year before...And, Farmer John, TTRGuy, and myself had done a large number of pre-race laps on the course.

I hope we get a change of venue this year. Let's go to Cooperland!!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Most of, if not all of the Heartland Spodes want it to be at Cooperland. Not really because it's close, heck the trip up and back was half the fun. We just all think it would be really fun at Cooperland.

MX221

Jul 21, 2000
Cooperland would definately be better for me. My wife is due this summer and I could probably talk her into OK way easier than IL.

Shane

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Cooperland would be great. I think that it would give a lot more folks an opportunity to participate in an event like this (like guys from the West and down South). I also like the idea of alternating venues just to keep things fair geographically speaking.

I will def. be there if it Copperland. I'd prolly make Casey if my arm was twisted just because I really want to go to a Dirtweek event.

-jeffd

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
(regarding the conversation on hare scrambles)

I think a fairly short course, like 4-6 miles is best. It's a lot of work getting arrows/etc. up to prevent people from getting off course at all the intersections and branches in the trail. It's just too difficult, in my opinion, to have a quality 12 or 15 mile loop without a huge amount of work. Also, more difficult to monitor riders, sweep, etc. with a longer loop.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I guess it depends on the course. At LTM, there were just so many different ways to get off track, but I have riden in some areas with more dense woods where you could go for a mile or two without any doubt where the trail was. Nothing against LTM tho...fun place to ride! I noticed quite a bit of territory that wasn't used for the scrambles...

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
If there is a 12-15 miles loop of trail, I am interested in making the drive. I avoid motocross tracks. I'll leave those events to the "pretty" bikes. My bike and I are very comfortable bouncing off of trees.
This forum is very long and I did not read pages 1-5 recently. However, if the only section of woods is 4-6 miles, my riding time would get boring.
Just my $ .02.
Mike

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
The HS loop will only be about that but there are a lot of interweaving trails. It may not be up to your standards but it will come close. Especially when you try to follow Jeff Fredette through them dern woods.

Ivan

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by smb_racing
oh man I'll go along with that, there was this one tiny uphill (with a root at the top) that you were supposed to go right? If you went straight you ended up in a corn field, I ended up in that field every lap :silly:
my son (thekid) did lead off for our team and when he wasn't in til after some teams started their 3rd leg I was getting pretty worried (13 yr old out there alone). Finally he came in and I got the story- he missed a turn and after riding around in the woods realized he was lost. Shut the bike down and looked around til he spotted some dust in the air. He rode over to it only to find a farmer cutting soybeans. Went back into the woods and heard a bike so he worked his way to the noise (after several stops to listen). Finally saw a bike flying thru the woods and started following it- that was the closest he got to Billywho all weekend for a couple hundred yards.:ugg:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Oldguy: good story....poor Eric!.... that did not help your team's performance, heh!? the first time I went to Ottowa (1999) with Okie, I got lost on my KDX and had to shut it off twice so I could hear the noises to guide me back to civilization and I will NOT ask for directions!That's when I decided to switch back to MX...can't get lost on an MX track, can you?

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
come to think of it, I have gotten lost in the whoops at times..... coming out pointing in the wrong direction!

Top Bottom