• Cooperland: Maybe.

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • Cooperland: No way!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Casey: Absolutely.

Votes: 70 32.7%
  • Casey: Hmmm, perhaps.

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Casey: Nope. Nuh-uh. Ain't gonna happen!

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Either location: Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Either location: Eh, if I get around to it.

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Either location: Not a chance!

Votes: 16 7.5%

• Total voters
B

biglou

Please participate in this poll indicating whether or not you would attend DirtWeek 2002 based solely on it's location.

The two choices are Cooperland, located in North Central Oklahoma and Lincoln Trails Motorpark located in Central Illinois, near Casey, about 1 mile south of Interstate 70.

Disclaimer: This is an impromptu, informal poll. Nikki just wants to crunch the numbers!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Is there a poll? Because I don't see a poll. My vote is definetely Cooperland! That would be sweet. Maybe Guy's nephew Kenny Bartram can come out and show us all how to bust big air and grow big beards.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Okay, now the poll shows up on my computer. Damn hopped up Speak and Spell!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I'd like to attend DW02, and vote on a location, but I have no idea where either Cooperland or Casey are located. What state?

- Bill

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Nope.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by kingriz1
MUENSTER!

Is that a choice?

I guess Riz, that's a vote for Cooperland then !? (Is this near Tulsa ?)

I think Casey and Okie are synonymous with DRN dirtweek/spodefest - will be tough to find an alternate venue.

How about we vote for 2 annual fests, a spring fest at Cooperland and Fall at Casey, now if we can get the Heartland spodes to do most of the legwork for the Cooperland Spring fest, all Okie and crew need do is pack the RV and come on down !

Hey Riz, you can always join us this weekend for the Amarillo Spodefest ! :confused:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I wanted to vote for two of them, cooperland no way (too far) but casey absolutely! Most of the land out there is so flat you can check your level by it, but there's a lot of fun stuff at LTM, suprised me. :)

BTW okie, isn't it time to change this forum name to dirtweek '02? :confused:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Cooperland - Probably make it out there.

Casey - Can't make it this year.

I hope we go to Cooperland.

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
OK if not Muenster then Cooperland.

I wish I could make it there Bundu.

I have to resurface my parking lot:( :( :(

Thanks for the invite though!

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I would certainly wish for Cooperland also but LTM was a blast the past two years and I would do it again.
But I would prefer Cooperland :)
But I would prefer Cooperland

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Can anyone please reply with:

1) Where is Cooperland located?
2) Where is Casey located?
3) Where / what is LTM?
4) What are the tentative dates (if known) for DW02?

Thanks!

- Bill

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LTM was cool but I'd have to think about making the run every year. Cooperland would be a nice change and less of a drive plus allow others the chance to have the Dirt Week experience. I think alternating between the two is a reasonable solution.

Smit-dog go to Yahoo Maps or Map Quest and enter "Casey, IL." to see where LTM is. Then enter Stillwater, OK." to see where Cooperland is.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
As stated earlier in the thread Cooperland is in North cetral OKlahoma, Casey is on the east side of Illiinios. Date is in the fall sometime.

II know several say that more will go if it's in Casey. I don't know that that's true. Cooperland is alot closer for the guys from out west. Being an hour and a half from Cooperland I definely vote for it. I did drive to Casey last year. To be honest I'd probably do it again. I think that it would be "fair"to move it around every couple of years. Cooperland would have woods riding three times as good as Casey. That was my biggest dissapointment with DW01. The majority of DRN members usually prefer woods. This should be kept in mind.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I agree that we should rotate the location. It's really all just a matter of being able to work out a deal with Guy to have it there. There is a lot more to picking a place than just "it would be nice there". We've got to keep this thing affordable, renting the place, insurance and a ton of associated costs all end up in the entry fees.

Oklahoma is centrally located, hopefully we'll pull attendees from the west to make up for those that don't want to make the trip from the East this year. I feel bad for those guys, but it has been at Casey for two years.

I understand there are permanent bathrooms and showers and the facility / riding area is really nice, something for everyone. Some of the mods and I are going down there soon, hopefully we'll be able to work it out.

Planning and setting the thing up will be more difficult if it's at Cooperland, we maay need to ask for help from some Okies/HeartLand Spodes.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I could try to make Casey. I didn't happen last year( work squashed any hopes that I had). Oklahoma I would definatly for sure be there.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I will do whatever you need OKIE. i don't see Guy alot anymore. Occasionbally at our club meeting or at the 500. I do see his brother a little more often. Let me know whatever you need done in any way.

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Now that I hear Cooperland has more trails.........I vote either way, because I just wanna go, question though? How large is Casey (woods wise). Either place would probably have a track large enough to peek my intrest. But what kinda numbers (acres, square miles......ect.ect.ect.) Tell ya the truth, I,m gonna make every attempt to make it either way so :confused:.

Dave

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
heck,i don't care..i'd drive to afgahnistan for it.(can you do that) i wouldn't want to miss any of it, guys' riding wierd bikes in tutus crashin into camera men endoing in whoops blowing up bikes ..YES! it's like ..well nuthin i'd ever seen.:aj:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
First the disclaimer. I am not a motocrosser. Casey has a nice MX track. Good enough facilities etc. Woods have a few trails that really do not have a loop. They did lay out a nice cross country loop on Friday i think that you could ride It was a few miles long. A GREAT gran Prix track that I really enjoyed.

Cooperland has a Pro caliber(nothing insane though) mx track, good facilities. The last time I was there the woods loop was 7-8 miles on one trail. Mostly single track, some more open. I think Cooperland itself is only fifty acres but I think Guy has or had an arrangement with some of the people that lived around cooperland. There is also the 500. 500 acres of trails, we ran an enduro with 19 mile loop. that is a few miles down a dirt road from Cooperland.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I vote for Cooperland. Casey is OK, but there are too many ghosts there. :silly:

I'll be at either, or both.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom