Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Mc

Apr 8, 2002
This is an arguable topic. Personally, I think RC will re-write all the record books if he stays healthy. And thats looking more and more possible simply because he doesnt falls as much as he used to. Baring a "David Bailey" type injury, he's got an unbelievable future.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
you seem to forget there is a 125 rider who has all the amateur records, and will probably in the future give RC a big run for his money ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Bundu hit it... IF Stewart grows-up and then gets moved to the 250's soon... RC's days may be numbered.

Let's also not forget Pastrana, I know a lot of people want to write him off... I think that's a mistake.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i think the big mistake is so many believing that rc is just going to roll over dead when stewart gets to the 250's. he is still very young and i for one believe that he has yet to peak. let's say that rc wins the outdoors this year. which he will easily, barring major injury (a minor injury will not stop him-see 2002 sx season results), that's eight championships (i think, he's winning so much it's hard to keep track). with all the variables involved, just think about how difficult it is to win that many. regardless of how fast stewart is or becomes, eight championships will be quite the task to attain.

i will be really surprised if pastrana wins another championship. i like the kid, i just don't see it happening.

Shawn Mc

Apr 8, 2002
Pastrana is fast, but I think he'd rather be in the boothe annoucing! The assertion that Stewart is stil growing is valid, so is RC. Those two are only 4 years apart I think. Think about this, RC and Stewart and ? on the Trophy De Nations team. Ya think maybe Kyle Lewis is the question mark? If so, what do you think about for a team?

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I think Bubba has all the skill in the world but RC has the desire to win. I'll give the nod to desire over skill any day. I have yet to see Bubba ride with the anger that RC does but I have only seen Bubba ride on TV. TP is done I said it after his 125 title, he will not win another title, I really like the kid but it's time to try somthing else.
There really is no question RC is the best in the world and maybe the best ever.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
Stewart is one of my favorite riders, but I think he should stay in the 125 class for a while. He needs to learn to keep it on two wheels first. That's the problem Pastrana has this year when he moved up. To be honest, I was never a real fan of Pastrana, but I would hate to see Stewart do the same thing after he moves up. It would be great seeing people like Reed, Stewart, MC, Larocco, Pastrana, RC, Ferry, Vuillemin, Lusk, and Roncada all on the gate for a main event.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
And RC rode with "anger' his first season in the 250's? I recall him crashing his brains-out. I wouldn't declare that Stewart doesn't have the same drive, he did after all smoke all of RC's am. records, you can't do that without the desire to win. Give the guy a couple of seasons before passing judgement, there is really not enough to base an opinion on yet.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Those two are only 4 years apart I think.

Bubba is 16. RC is 22. 6 years. Thats a pretty big gap in the racing world... like a possible 12 championships worth of a big gap.

I think RC is absolutely untouchable right now. Hell, at this rate, RC will clinch the 250 MX title by round 10 or so and get to drop into the 125's for the last few races. Then we can see how RC stacks up to Bubba - but in the 125 class. :think:

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
The 125 class has already been the thing to see this season, but to throw RC in with it.......I would love to see that!

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by nikki

Bubba is 16. RC is 22. 6 years. Thats a pretty big gap in the racing world... like a possible 12 championships worth of a big gap.

VERY good point Nikki. What would McGrath give to have 6 years of his youth back? Or Larocco? Six years can be a career for some riders...

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by Tommygun
I'll travel across the country to see that race!

Then plan on going to Steel City (Delmont, PA) over Labor Day Weekend :confused:

We went to Steel City last year and RC was simply blazing on the 125. And he said if he clinches early again, he's definately doing it again. I think with Bubba snatching up all of RC's amateur records - RC wants to do all he can to protect the rest of 'em :D

MXbabe

Oct 9, 2000
And RC rode with "anger' his first season in the 250's? I recall him crashing his brains-out

Did you get to see any nationals in 2000? If this season turns out like last year I will be at Steel City again, RC and Bubba head to head on 125's you couldn't keep me away. I just need to drive this year Delmont is one of the tracks I have not riden. RC was throwing the sickest whips last year, every lap in the second moto and not one made it to the TV race.

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
Put RC on the gate with JB Stewart in a SX or MX track ? I would easily drive halfway across the country to see that live! Bailey has been commenting all season about how close Bubba's lap times are to RC's. As for me, I'll root for Bubba any day!

Stretch374

Apr 22, 2001
I really like the idea of RC dropping down to the 125 class. With Fonseca being a bit of a disapointment outdoors so far Honda needs RC to rap-up the 250 title and then try to put a CR125 on top of the podium. He's there only hope.

I have been rooting for someone to beat RC but now I hope he raps-up the 250 title and gets to the 125 class.

patpipes

Uhhh...
May 5, 2002
Give the guy a couple of seasons before passing judgement, there is really not enough to base an opinion on yet.

Like RC has 8 championships to zero, so there is no comparison I still remember Eric Kehoe the next Bob Hannah LOL.

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
To throw in another variable... what if RC has swept every moto by the time he has won the championship, at whatever point that may be? Will he go for the whole season or still drop down to the 125 class? Or double-class? :think: He is allowed to do that, right? But even he probably couldn't pull off 4 moto wins in a day...

If he does decide to drop down, will the CRF250 be available (to him) at that point? Wouldn't that be cool!

Labor Day weekend... I wouldn't have to worry about making it to school on Monday! I'll see if I can swing it... where in PA is Delmont, anyway??

Andy

Mxrracer973

Mar 4, 2002
About him on a cr250f doubtful RC is custom to doing things the same all the time so therefore a switch to the four strokes you probabbly wouldnt see RC on one anytime soon , Him dropping to 125 we will have to wait and see..

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
greatest rider ever?? Are you talking about the greatest rider in the world?? Everts has that title, theres no more to it.

patpipes

Uhhh...
May 5, 2002
Everts????

I doubt he could get in the top 5 in America, I notice he never
ventures to these shores. Everts might get his chance to get
lapped in Sept if he shows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom