Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
You forgot to mention your washed up old geezer 125 champion, that has been to europe, and didnt win in that b-class championship, oh but wait that old has-been went back to the a-grade championship and won that title....yet Langston wins the title that the old geezer was after and goes to his home country and try's to race him on tracks that he knows and loses. I have only seen tiny bits of that race at Hangtown, but im pretty sure in saying this, British mud is totally different to hangtown mud(where is hangtown??). The track was so bad some 500's didnt get up it, Rc was on a 125 then now on a 250 racing in mud, maybe he's a better 250 rider than a 125 rider??

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
kiwi_925... you really need to learn when to stop dude, your arguements are getting silly at this point.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
But people have said that the americain series is a-grade, and euro b-grade, that aint the case, i just amde a point that brown didnt win a world championship, gave up/was allowed back in the 125 class, went there and raced won. Langston bet brown in europe, went to america raced brown and lost. What does that say about both sereis??

patpipes

Uhhh...
May 5, 2002
Hey kiwi dude on Brown and Langston, Brown was 125cc champion here and Langston was European champion. The point I was trying to get across to you is RC killed both of these riders after switching to a 125 for one race. Bubba is killing Langston and Chad Reed. Pichon is not the same class as RC and Bubba period. RC is without a doubt the best rider in the world now. I dont know what type mud you have in europe but if 500's cant make hills why would anyone expect a 125 to do it. I do know hangtown has an uphill double most euporeans would roll over, that is their weak point they cannot jump. With the exception of the French where supercross is popular most european riders suck at jumps. AMERICA IS KING OF CROSS

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
You have answered the reasons why the tracks are different in america to european tracks, supercross jumps arent meant to be on a motocross track. Do you really have no idea where New Zealand is?? Im neither european(apart from decent), nor am i american, i only follow european racing as thats where more kiwi's race. Bubba has yet to race Pichon so ther jury is out on that. If the Des Nations was in a country that neither rider had raced in i think you would see that the best rider in the world would show through, as we all know it would be Smets.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by bclapham

MX547, maybe you should buy an atlas also, its a large planet you know!

bought one.
fim gp's, madrid, spain to moscow, russia =2141 miles.
ama nationals, sacramento, california to new berlin, new york =2412 miles.

if there are any gp's outside of europe, i didn't find any listed.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
cost too much to host one outside europe cos you have to pay for the promotors stuff to be trucked there, vip tents, tv and all the the stuff, yes it has been cover oki, and pichon is faster than RC

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i wonder if pichon can run with ferry or larocco?

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
The bickering is getting tiring.... :|

This has turned into an arguement that can never be proven from either side... and probably never will given the current state of world/USA competition venues and series.

With that said.... "My Dad could beat up your Dad!" ;)

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
It really is a silly thread, 12 motos in a row!!!! What ever happend to the RC the best ever thread? Thats the only real question.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'd really like to leave this open until MXdn... but hey, they don't even send Pisshon do they?

From Racerhead:
That Ricky Carmichael-versus-Mickael Pichon thing is still floating around out there. Let me clarify my position: I am not anti-Europe, anti-Pichon, anti-French or anti-GP, but I just happen to believe that Carmichael is better than Pichon. Actually, better, stronger, faster, more determined, more ambitious, harder-working.... You get the picture, even though MXGeoff does not. (I also think that Vuillemin and Tortelli are faster than Pichon, at least on these tracks in America.)

But I did ask someone who has recent experience against both Carmichael in America and Pichon in Europe — Ryan Hughes. "On a U.S. track, there’s no question that Carmichael would kill him every time. On a smooth European track, where there’s nothing to separate people like there is in America, Pichon could probably hang with him, but so could a lot of guys racing in America now." All of this Pichon-vs.-Carmichael talk started with a proposed story by a French magazine on who the best rider on the world is right now, U.S. champion Carmichael or FIM World Champion Pichon.

Just another perspective.

Sorry all... it's a waste of space. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom