Jun 7, 2006
Oil everywhere?? please help!!

Hey all. I have the wonderful oil and blue smoke out of the exhaust problem. I have a 95 KX125 and i've already come down with my main jet from a 172 to a 155. The reason I'm changin the main jet is because the overwhelming blue smoke and oil only starts to come at 1/3 throttle and higher. It seems to be fine while idling and just a little gas. The bike is old, I just bought it, and I don't think it was well-maintained. Could this be my reed valve? It's pretty easy to get to and I know I would inspect the gasket. Would there be anything else in particular with the reed valve or block I should look at? Should I keep lowering my jets? Also, I have a very black oil leaking out of what they call my "KIPS" cover. I guess the KIPS is the exhaust valve. The area that it is leaking from is where the shaft lever is on the right side of the crankcase. Could this be letting oil get inside the cylinder? I've heard things about the crank seal(s) being bad. In particular the "rh" crank seal. I'm assuming this is "right hand". Could this also be the problem? And is this seal easy to get to? Because I really don't want to disassemble the entire crankcase. Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

flat capper

Jun 25, 2006
it could be as simple as manky exhaust packing :ride: if the bike hasnt been well maintained i remeber spraying my dads car with yummy black oil when i fired my cr up when i got it the bloke hadnt done any maintenance on it at all and it only started to spray about 1/3 throttle and up when it had enough to blow it out, but the blue smoke does sound crank sealish are you experiencing loss of power

Top Bottom