saveaux

Jul 20, 2005
I finally rode today after putting on a WER damper (thanks to kdxiowa) and can't believe I've been riding without one for this long. We rode 12 miles of very, very rutted out 4 wheeler trails with many logs and alot of sand. When we first started riding I :cough: purposely :cough: hit a log that was at an angle halfway across the trail which was followed by deep ruts. I'm going to go ahead and give the damper the credit for me making it through it with nothing more than a good racking :bang: I'm not sure if its all in my head or it was actually the damper but where I use to be cautious crossing ruts and picking lines through them I no longer had this problem, I would just point and shoot. The sand was much more wet than it usually is, so it wasn't near as slippery as normal, but I'm going to go ahead and give the WER unit credit for that also :) .

Unfortunately the unit did NOT help my friend (who only rides 4wheelers) keep himself up because he ended up laying the bike down 3 times in less than half a mile. Which yielded me the widely known answer of just how "cheap" the stock handlebars are, from just laying the bike down they are bent, not enough for him to notice but when I hopped on I immediately could tell something was different.

So in conclusion the WER damper did everything that its been cracked up to do, I love it!

kdxiowa

Aug 2, 2004
Glad to see it's working out for you. I was tooling on my new to me KTM 200 EXC last wednesday on a field section between two woods sections wide open throttle in top gear "very fast" when I dropped the throttle and went into a violent head shake. :yikes: I have a Scotts on mine now and I believe it saved my bacon big time. After I stopped to clean out my shorts I continued on....

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
saveaux said:
I'm not sure if its all in my head or it was actually the damper but where I use to be cautious crossing ruts and picking lines through them I no longer had this problem, I would just point and shoot.

I thought the same thing. I'm much more confident going thru softball sized rocks with the WER.

Top Bottom