dirtdevil

Jan 4, 2002
I'm 48 and been riding since I was 13, I've seen alot of technology change over those years. I've also seen riding spot after riding spot vanish

Bill Beard

Dec 3, 2001
duke said:
There seems to be a common thread here:MIDDLE AGE! Dirt bike riding is like life in that things come full circle. You start off on small mini bikes (Taco!) graduate to the mighty Hodaka and then venture off to the world of the mighty 250/500's, only to return to the more sensible world of the bantam weight bikes, in this case the KDX. See my post on Confirming that Less is More, about whcih I go about learning that the addage of more isnt always better is certainly applicable to dirt biking

I'll be 50 in March, but I don't agree with you Duke. I still love my 5Hunny the best. I just like to diversify-- CRF450, '73MX 250 Yami, XR100 (for backyard races) and some quad thingies (for the dunes). I'll never reach my 2nd childhood, because I've never left my 1st. hehe

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
41 in Feb.

dddford

Dec 10, 2004

I'm 51 and my teenage boys can't keep up. Just moved to Tennesee and got back into dirt bike riding. Bought a '93 Yamaha TW200, a '96 KDX200, and a'97 KDX220. Having a blast.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
It has been a few years back, but my DAD had by-pass surgery when he was 70 and the first question he asked when he came out was how long before he could ride his Husky? (He had a 250WR at that time he rode in the woods nearly every day especially with the young riders in the area after school.) Ride on---John

Apr 10, 2001
Didn't start until I was 37! 57 SooN! I can still rip more trees out than the kids, just not as Quickly! At the days end the old man's still around!

kx200

Feb 1, 2001
Seems like I have been racing the Senior A, way to long and as of this month the Super Senior is looking real good !!!!!!!! What I don’t like is getting the ARP stuff in the mail. I like the quote “The older I get the faster I was”

Top Bottom