single stage carbon reeds or dual Boysens????

500Dirtrider

Jul 16, 1999
I recently bought this bike and tore it down, found new single stage carbon fiber reeds. I alread bought dual stage Boysens, which would you use? It's in a 1992 Kawasaki KX125. Thanks!

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I think you'll be more happy with the carbon fiber reeds do to the fact after I have used Boyesen Power Reeds in my bikes and found absolutly no performance gain over stock reeds.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I would guess that the single stage CF reeds will improve bottom end power a little bit and the dual stage ones will give you more on top. Reason being is that the single stage ones will open a little easier/sooner (quicker power boost) than the dual stage ones that will have a little higher tension to fully open up (for increased top end boost).

CRPilot

~SPONSOR~
Apr 5, 2000
I have found just the opposite to be true on my bike. I ran Carbon Tech reeds back to back with Boyesen power reeds and felt the power reed were stronger down low. The carbon tech gave a little more overrev.

Just my 2 cents.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I love the new boyesen single stage power reeds(superstock) compared to the dual stage.The dual stage the power seemed a little to smooth for me,but with the super stock reeds my bike hits and pullss noticbly harder.I liked the oem reeds,but they kept breaking in 2 hrs of riding.The super stock reeds feel and sound just like oem"S for the kx 250 same throttle response which is excellent. I know you have a 125,but i really like the super stocks for my 250.I have 4 hrs on them i am waiting for a new carbholder to come in and i am going to check out the reeds how their holding up,if interested i will post it on product's tested when i pull my cage..I Posted about these before(single stage)on product's tested if you wan't to do a search.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom