So who was the farthest from what you expected?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I would have to go with Jaybird as what I least expected, he can get pretty intense talking about lube in here. When I saw his bike I thought that a free rider had penetrated our ranks. Come to think of it I did see him do a Superman No Hander Lander on the big step up. I do like the lube though. Elk was a close second, lots younger than what I had expected. I know that this isn't a category but Natalie would win the sweetie pie award-always a smile and friendly and personable as can be. By the way GETMETOCA isn't short for Get Mocha! Sarge was just like I expected, think of your favorite war movie, someone that looks and acts like him is in it.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by DWreck
Sarge was just like I expected, think of your favorite war movie, someone that looks and acts like him is in it.

Plus a flowered Hawaiian shirt ;)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by DWreck
I would have to go with Jaybird as what I least expected
When I saw his bike I thought that a free rider had penetrated our ranks.

the ktm looks good in black, much better than orange.

i met jaybird last year at dw before i had a chance to develop an online image of him. he's almost as cool as me. ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
By the way GETMETOCA isn't short for Get Mocha!
I always saw the name as " Get Met of CA" Seeling insurance? Get me to CA... never saw it. :silly:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
It seems we all tend to get a metal picture of who we talk to here on the boards. Sometimes they are spot-on, other times we miss the mark completely.

Zio said: "Yeah but, Jaybird...you really don't talk like that, do you?" :confused:
LOL....Sorry, Z...I've spent wayyy too much time in Hickville to sound any different! :)

For me, I envisioned VD as a larger, ruder fella....not the case at all. A very nice, intelligent person.
I also envisioned Jeff Gilbert as I see many of my musician friends...a bit loud and full of themselves....not the case at all with Jeff, he is a gentleman, a great Dad, and a great asset to us all.
Brownie was quite a surprize to me as well...I thought he'd be a grumpy, hard to deal with track owner type....not even close! You rock Brownie!
I also was very surprized when I met Stan_Flemmings! I figured him to be a bit older and quite intelligent...well he's a bit younger and quite intelligent!

GETMETOCA, Hon...you are exactly as I envisioned you. Sweet as Tupelo Honey! :)
I pretty much saw Elk as how I had him pegged from here. No surprize, good people.
I envisioned Papateef and Ivan as big ole teddy bears with great dispositions....I had 'em pegged!

I'm still tryin' to figure out that Okie fella! :)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Most like what I expected would be a tie _SOLO_ and Stan. From their posts their maturity for their ages always seems to show thru. In real life I saw 2 young men who love riding and were more then thrilled to have earned a spot among us old fogies

Least like I pictured Wraith. I expected another guy in his 40's- I found it hard to believe after meeting him that he is old enough to have kids riding. Sorry I didn't get to talk with you other then when you arrived and were ready to leave but there is always next DW

Isn't it amazing to pull together 250 strangers for 5 days and in the end not have one that you were looking forward to seeing him leave

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I expected Jaybird to be more of a gruff, hardline conservative opinionated old fogey who told you exactly what was on his mind. Oh, wait, that is Jaybird! :) Actually, he was a very sociable guy who I had a lot in common with regarding worldly views.

Jeff Gilbert surprised me. I expected him to be a lot more outgoing.

Didn't get to meet Milk. Seemed to be at the hospital when he made his rounds, and I didn't ride the night-time poker run. Probably a good thing, too :scream:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I had sarge picked out when I first saw him, I knew it had to be!

PapaK surprised me in a good way, I pictured him some old big guy in coveralls smokin a cig.

Okie, never would have guessed that he was like that. I thought he'd be some stuffy guy in a tie, NOT!!

Natalie, extremely nice and helpful, just as I thought

Speedy, well, Speedy, well, Speedy......:thumb:

Milk, the slapper, you kill me. Evertime I hear Kid Rock, I see your face, AHHHHHHHHH!

Blackhawk had to be my biggest surprise.

VD, another surprise, great guy.

Lou, my Italian brother from another Mother! Just as expected.

Billy, you're gonna pay for the sunrise slapper comment!:p "Son, sit donw here, I'm gonna show you something that's been in the family for ages."

Eddy, just as expected, helpful, the cook and everything in between

Thump, already saw him in a picture, just flat out cool.

Twinny, same as above.

Red and Nikki, cool, fast and cool!

Zio, you left your drum stick in my tent!

Jaybird, always right there to help with some lube, :think:

Motometal, fast, fast, fast, get rid of that damn horn

Motohead, my brother, didn't picture you like that, damn nice and all!!

FC, well, FC, well, FC, well FC......:)

The Zoomer, awesome family, great folks and his yellow bike was on its side as much as mine!

I can't list everyone, I wish I could but all I can say is way cool family I met. Next year, someone else is stepping up to the whipping boy plate, I'm thinkin Canadian Toddler!:)

Oh yeah, Pokie and Shiftless, wayyyy off, didn't even know they were the proud parents of Okie! And Shiftless, you're gonna get it for those bug stickers you applied to my ride. The turbo button was cool though!

Fred T was a cool surprise, I mean Factory Fred!

Tony Eeds, great dude!

I have to stop, sorry, can't help it!!..........

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by slo' mo
Didn't get to meet Milk. Seemed to be at the hospital when he made his rounds, and I didn't ride the night-time poker run. Probably a good thing, too :scream:

I thought Ai met you when Sarge and I bummed a chair for me to sit in while I flagged. No_Mo and your wife were there though.

PS Anyone that was on that Poker Run should feel privledged. Glad it wasnt a Pokhim Run though. :thumb:

Last edited:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Motometal: I pictured my fellow Iowan as a 40 something burned out rocker with a ponytail, gold chains and a Z-28. Great guy, funny and can ride that CR. Keep the horn and the color coded dinosaur performance adjuster. They obviously work.

Jaybird: I pictured a cranky opinionated scowl on the face grump. He truns out to be a happy smiling sociable likeable guy.

GETMETOCA: We need some gals like you here in Iowa. Your smile is contagious and your demeanor is warm and cozy. Thanks again for the sammiches. Next year I'll bring some real cooking gear and chef you up something tasty.

justql, bswift, Dwreck, Lorin and the rest of the Spodes: Aside from physical features, this gang was precisely what I had imagined. A group of guys I am proud to have ridden with. If I found work in OK, I would feel comfortable moving there, as I see these folks as true friends.

SFO & Fe_Princess: Not too different than I had imagined. Very cool and very knowledgable about lots of things.

TTR and Speedy: Exactly as I pictured....oh, wait, I saw pictures, never mind....

Sarge: :eek: :) What's your name scumbag? :)

Pleaser: Yep, way more quiet than I had expected. Cool guy though.

Jeff Gilbert: Not as I pictured physically, but in attitude and personality, dead on.

If I didn't mention someone I met, please forgive me, there's a whole slew of people I met and my little pea brain just aint working right this morning.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by a454elk

PapaK surprised me in a good way, I pictured him some old big guy in coveralls smokin a cig.

This is exactly how I pictured him, too. I was pleasantly surprised to meet an incredibly nice guy, who is civilized, yet is still, well...big ;)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Gave up the smoke 2+ years ago. Coveralls. . . well lets just say they never did what their name implies. ;)
So I switched to mostly wearing shorts. :think: good call on my part, Eh? :moon:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Elk by a long shot. Biglou introduced me to him and he said hi, I'm Carlos...Elk. I didn't even realize that is was "the Elk" until after I walked away! Doh! :o

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It's Carlo damnit, Cals!!:):)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
STFU Carlos..:p

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Come on, everyone knows you are Carlos for Tijuana. :moon: :)

Hey shouldn't the moon guy be renamed to :milk: ?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by RoosteR13
justql, bswift, Dwreck, Lorin and the rest of the Spodes: Aside from physical features, ....
Let me guess you thought Lorin had boobs ;)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by slo' mo
Seemed to be at the hospital when he made his rounds, and I didn't ride the night-time poker run. Probably a good thing, too :scream:

All you had to do was mention it & he woulda given you a courtesy :moon:

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Chill out Carlo's!

Signed,

Mions

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So Elk you were named after a low rider? (-----> car low) I crack myself up!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I bet you do Pat! Speakin of cracks, here :moon: :)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
This is more like what I expected. I was pretty close, I had the tank-top right:

Attachments

• cheech1.jpg
    cheech1.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 342
Top Bottom