Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yup.. Thump crashed hard there, same way. When we were there in June, there was plenty of landing, he did add some back during DW, but apparently not enough.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I'm in for 03, we are planning to make it a family vacation. Heck I figure it's about the only way I'm ever going to meet more than 1 or 2 DRN members living in this frigid northern locale.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I had a pretty spectacular crash on the big step-up!
(Remember, Thump?) :scream:

I think the obstacle is more difficult metally than anything.
But, I vote to leave it! Very nice obstacle, although I second the motion for a small table on top.

<----Waitin' patiently for DW03! :yeehaw:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Originally posted by Okie
Wait 'til 2K3! Planning has already begun

if we have to have two events each year, we will :)

Maybe Cooperland And LTM ????, as much as I would love to hit Copperland,.... no matter how I slice it, its still very hard to get that much time off to make Ok. But Casey,........we will be there! :aj:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Ok, since that whole trail thing will be straightened out for DW'03, we'll be there! :)

I'll e-mail Dave right now and let him know... :p

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Leave the track be, the rythm section was fun, even IF I took a slight detour off the right side near the poopoo water. The track was actually REAL tame for all, believe it or not. There weren't any doubles, other than the last one on the uphill. It was defiantely a rollable track and real wide so you wouldn't get in anyone's way. I don' think we had anyone get landed on from a jumper.

Now, where's the reg form, I want the holeshot!:flame:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Coming from one of the messed up riders in "C" class, i say leave it the way it is. My wreck was purely my fault. I should of never entered the race. I'm known for not backing down when i should. I entered the Rythm section alittle faster than i should of and it bit me good. I need to learn to keep afew fingers on the front brakes so when i hit hard i dont keep getting a handful of throttle. A fast bike, second time on a track and crazy driver just dont mix. Next year i will just flag the MX stuff and stick to the trees. :)

I stilll dont know why the big stepup was cut from our race. That was the only place i could pull ahead of the little 2 strokes. :p

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I thought the track was perfect. Like Elk said it was pretty tame. My only injury (broken hand) came in the woods when a tree got in my way. I actually felt more comfortable on the big track than I did the little track. All the tables at Cooperland make it perfect to learn to jump on. I really really improved my jumping skills. I was rolling everything when I got there and by the end I was clearing the step-up after the rythm section all the tables on the back side and a few others. I think with 200-250 riders over 5 days we did pretty good in the injury dept. Im pretty neutral as far as where to have it again. For me Cooperland is only about 250 miles closer than Casey. I enjoyed both. But if I had to pick one I would say Cooperland. Brownie makes all the difference in my mind........ And after all its COOPERLAND. Im the envy of all my riding buddies.

If everything works out I will be there with my family next year.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
agree on all points Chuck. My son wadded up in the rythm section behind the starting gate area, I had to minor getoffs which resulted in a broken brake lever and a DNF due to flooded carb and tired leg. ALL were a result of being jacked up on adrenaline and lack of any practice time in 4 months. If Kris doesn't touch the track it will be fine with me.
I too would like to run the full track in the C moto. I didn't cut anything out any other time on the track.
And I can testify all the jumps can be rolled. :)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
This total MX incompetent also thinks the track is just fine the way it is. I have to admit that I was a little embarrassed for the C class to skip the big hill climb (step up for some of you).

B

biglou

I was emarrassed that Wes beat me in moto 1 on that old CZ beater bike he was ridin'! I got my revenge in moto 2, though. We went 1/2 and 2/1, or was that 39/40 and 40/39? :o

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I'll get you next time kwazy wabbit!

That ain't no beater, that's the best motorcyle money can buy. :) If you want to know something really sad, I'll bet I was just as fast (I mean slow) on my WR250 as I was on the CZ. Why would I need suhspentshun when I rolled all the jumps. The CZ did make what little air I was getting seem like big air. And it did accelerate purdy good. :)

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by mx547
when i flagged there, i saw a guy endo when he clipped the top with his rear wheel and his front wheel didn't have anything to land on. luckily, he got right up and back in the race.

That sounds like what I did in the first B moto. I was surprised when I stood up and nothing hurt and then I found out the bike was OK too. I had to come back after the moto to pick up the vent hose.

Were you flagging the step up for the second moto?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Okie.

It's on my calender. :thumb:

Come hell or high water. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Ol'89r

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:yeehaw: We're gonna bring Pa along next year, I'll get the depends so you can ride straight through with out potty break!;)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Leave the track be, the rythm section was fun, even IF I took a slight detour off the right side near the poopoo water. The track was actually REAL tame for all, believe it or not. There weren't any doubles, other than the last one on the uphill. It was defiantely a rollable track and real wide so you wouldn't get in anyone's way. I don' think we had anyone get landed on from a jumper.

Now, where's the reg form, I want the holeshot!:flame:

I'm not a track rider, and I loved the track at Cooperland. You could roll everything if you wanted. There was nothing you had to clear! I agree with the assesment some people we're trying to ride above their ability, and that's a good thing, that' s how you get better. I know I was pushing it. When I showed up Monday, I couldn't jump a thing. But by moto # 4 on Saturday, I could clear most of the tables with realative ease. (Thanks for the tips Billywho MX school #1 )

I don't want to see anyone get hurt and I think the track gave people the option of going slow. In the woods several people ended up hitting trees, No ones asking to cut all of them down. Right?

Just my .02

and Elky:

I did get the Holeshot in Moto # 4 on my 250F! It was great to be out front from the start! (Thank you, Doug Dubach, for the starting tips in MX school #2 )

Tip # 1 lighten your bike by replacing parts with Kitty liter scrap pieces. Meow....Someday you may get one also. You just need to throw your leg over a thumper :worship:

Can't wait till 03

Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by MX-727
Were you flagging the step up for the second moto?
That was me. What a great place to see the action. You could feel the pounding of the ground when the biked would hit the dirt.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
That was loose bladder Billy, I could hold mine.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Thumbs, did you see me jump over that guy that rolled it? Scared the crap out of me. Don't know what he saw.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by 380EXCman
I thought the track was perfect. All the tables at Cooperland make it perfect to learn to jump on. I really really improved my jumping skills. I was rolling everything when I got there and by the end I was clearing the step-up after the rythm section all the tables on the back side and a few others. I think with 200-250 riders over 5 days we did pretty good in the injury dept.

Ditto (except for clearing all the doubles). I just wish there was someone else on the track Satruday afternoon to verify the insane altitudes my tires were reaching. According to my shadow, I was a good 50 feet in the air. ;)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I saw you riding. It had to be AT LEAST 50 man. You were gettin' off. :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Big fat hairy deal. Whoopeee. Stand by for a new whipping boy.;)

Top Bottom