Stewart At Orlando

• Total voters

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
I have to say this is pure torture with a week off. Seeing Bubba for 1 race with Reed and RC then not only having to wait a whole week to see it on TV been then wait a whole other week to see another race!

It is good strategy by Stewart though. Jump in and see where you're at then get 2 weeks to work on getting up to race speed (so to speak).

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
john3_16 said:
How soon we forget....Who was it that passed Reed and gapped him then fell, caught, passed, and gapped Reed again with only a few laps left ?

I think this is the point {fell} we're trying to make. He may have passed him twice but he keeps falling. For RC to win he has to ride on the edge and thus the chance of crashing. One of those small crashes is going to bite him big time. Reed is riding a second or two slower but not falling which caused him to win the last 2 races. You cant win if your laying on the ground alot. ;)

2 years ago it was the other way around. RC was fast and smooth and Reed was the one riding on the edge trying to keep up and made all the mistakes. This year its RC's turn and by the looks of it JBS is doing the same thing.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Maybe it's the Yellow Curse!

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
Treejumper said:
For RC to win he has to ride on the edge and thus the chance of crashing... Reed is riding a second or two slower but not falling which caused him to win the last 2 races.

One way to read this is that if you cloned Reed and put him on another bike racing against himself, he'd be forced to ride 1 - 2 seconds faster a lap to beat himself...and therefore would be on the edge...and therefore would crash more.

So, if Reed is riding about as fast as is possible to ride with minimal danger of crashing, someone has to be willing to ride faster than that to beat him and take the risk of crashing to get the win. Thankfully, we have Ricky and Bubba out there willing to do that and make the season interesting.

Do I really believe that? Not really. I think both Ricky and Bubba are capable of consistenly riding faster than Reed and not crash. Ricky's mental game has obviously been shaken, and Bubba has only been back one race. I don't think we've seen the best races of the season yet for sure. BTW...I'm in no rider's camp. I like all three of them...it's just my opinion.

03-dr650

May 20, 2003
good info xsnrg.

we all know how determined and talented RC is. he is definitely not happy about losing 2 in a row. we know what to expect from RC, no question. Reed now knows he can win if he rides without carmichael in his head. Bubba now knows he can run out front all day long if he can keep it on 2 wheels. All 3 are capable of 1st place podiums the rest of the season. We are going to see some KILLER racing this year! The best is yet to come...good call.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
xsnrg said:
One way to read this is that if you cloned Reed and put him on another bike racing against himself, he'd be forced to ride 1 - 2 seconds faster a lap to beat himself...and therefore would be on the edge...and therefore would crash more.

Exactly my thinking. Right now i believe Reed thinks he doesnt have to ride on the very edge cause RC and JBS are doing that and crashing. Look where riding calm and level headed got him last weekend. Now if he gets beat next week i'm sure he will bump it up a notch and possible start to bobble like the other 2.

So, if Reed is riding about as fast as is possible to ride with minimal danger of crashing, someone has to be willing to ride faster than that to beat him and take the risk of crashing to get the win. Thankfully, we have Ricky and Bubba out there willing to do that and make the season interesting.

Yep, whoever wants to win needs to take the next big step and will be the one taking the chances. RC was use to riding out front and winning. So i believe he got into a set pace. Reed bumped it up a notch and won causing RC to have to step up his game to win. This put him back on the edge having to ride one step faster. After RC looses a race all you hear about is how he spent all week practicing and bumping up his speed. Usually he wins the next race due to this. I really think RC would of won last weekend had JBS not been there to push him farther than he expected. RC knew what he had to do to beat Reed but wasnt planning on JBS' extremely fast pace. Only problem for JBS was he couldnt handle the speed he was running at either.

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
john3_16 said:
How soon we forget....Who was it that passed Reed and gapped him then fell, caught, passed, and gapped Reed again with only a few laps left ?

Exactly! I just watched the Atlanta races again last night and it still amazes me how much faster RC was that night. RC had a 20 second faster heat time than Reed. He was flat out faster all night.

Prediction: I think that if RC and JBS ended up 1 and 2 out of the gate, they'd leave Reed in a distant 3rd while trying to pass each other.

Ryan

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Pffft, just wait until Alessi comes back from his Kicking Euro Butt tour and everyone else will be racing for 2nd on down. :nod:

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Ryone said:
Exactly! I just watched the Atlanta races again last night and it still amazes me how much faster RC was that night. RC had a 20 second faster heat time than Reed. He was flat out faster all night.

Prediction: I think that if RC and JBS ended up 1 and 2 out of the gate, they'd leave Reed in a distant 3rd while trying to pass each other.

Ryan

I'm pretty sure Reed was involved in a crash with another rider so its hard to compare heat times unless they were both out front the whole race.

I don't think RC was concerned with Bubba being out front when he had Reed on his rear wheel who is in 2nd place. Its hard to focus on the rider in front of you when you got someone all over you, sticking in a wheel everywhere. Bubba's not in the standings and he don't need to worry about him. The only person RC needs to worry about is Reed. I think he just had a brain fart and washed out. Pressure can do that to ya. A crash don't take away from RC's ability or skill. I know Rc may be tempted to try and run down Bubba but I think the 2003 season is a big reminder that he can't be stupid. He's a professional and Reed is his only concern.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I think rc is at his max speed(lets face it he cant train any more than he does)-before he had something in reserve, i think chad could match his speed but maybe also crash more, i think bubba could go faster... but...

sorry i change this post-rc is at his max speed.

Last edited:

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
Okiewan said:
but... two battling for position usually allows the next guy to catch them.
I don't know Okiewan... when Reed and RC battle out front, they usually leave K-dub and company pretty far behind because they're pushing each other to go as fast as possible.

SpectraSVT said:
I'm pretty sure Reed was involved in a crash with another rider so its hard to compare heat times unless they were both out front the whole race.
You're right... I forgot. Short's bobble in the turn after the finish line jump caused Reed, Ferry, and a couple others to go down. However, RC did make up a 9-second defecit after crashing and letting reed go by him in the main.

Ryan

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
KiwiBird said:
Pffft, just wait until Alessi comes back from his Kicking Euro Butt tour and everyone else will be racing for 2nd on down. :nod:
poo stirrer :rotfl:

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
couch racers! you gotta love 'em! :nener: I don't even
know who I want to win this year. I had suzukis throughout my schoolboy career, before i switched to yams, so I would like to see RC win for suzukis sake (after MC in '96). After watching CR in 2003 beat RC, I was convinced CR had stepped it up and was the best SX rider, now Im not so sure. But I am a fan, and would like to see him kick RCs butt (Daytona not televised in the UK, and not seen Orlando yet) and also it would be good to see a foreigner win an American series fair and square, '04 dont count- too many ifs and buts without RC. However, Bubba has a personality, and could turn out to be the Valentino Rossi of MX/SX. I personally think Bubba is the fastest of the three, he just needs to mature a little bit, even though a 'win or crash trying' attitude makes for exciting racing! im confused :bang: Oh well, lets look forward to the nationals, and I'll get off my soapbox!

Top Bottom