Stewart At Orlando

• Total voters

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Aside of the (questionable) motivation issue, a rule like that would not be very helpful. The first rider to start lapping would still have to lap everybody and I think that few riders finish the race two laps down from the winner.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
I personally think thats a very stupid rule. Not everyone is as fast as the top guys. Its like that in every sport. Like basketball...So do ya bench all the players that aren't as good as Shaq? Make it one on one basketball? Seem silly now don't it. Even if the riders aren't as fast that don't mean there should be rules punishing them. How would anyone get better if they got pulled off the track if they got lapped?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Okiewan said:
4 piles of dog stuff in thump's back yard says JBS beats CR in practice AND the main.
Ya know, it's really not that bad with a little hot sauce and pepper. (Only ate two of 4 piles cause I was half right) :nod:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
But from the sounds of it, Bubba was faster than both Reed and RC.....the crashing thing has to be solved. Thats only a matter of time. My bet is (As it has been for the last two years) Stewart wins a few this SX season and dominates outdoors this summer AND indoors next year..and the year after..and after for quite some time. Sooner or later all you doubters will just have to admit....James Stewart is in the process of raising the Bar in this sport. As RC did, MC did before, and Hannah before that.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Mrs.YZ165 said:
I bet you a weeks worth of dishes that Bubba finishes behind Reed!!!! :nener:

Good bet gone bad...... :|

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
weimedog said:
But from the sounds of it, Bubba was faster than both Reed and RC.....the crashing thing has to be solved. Thats only a matter of time.

sorry to disagree but some riders dont grow out of it, lets face it hes been riding since he could walk so its not like its something new to him?

also his results just dont match rcs -it will take a lot of winning to get a overall win ratio like rc has, i dont think reed and rc are willing to give up the feeling of winning for a few years, how old is reed?? he has plenty of time left imo.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Time will tell....going to interesting. Have you ever seen him ride? Unbelievable. :coocoo: We are seeing history in the making.

Reed would be the best in his time if it wasn't for RC and Stewart. :moon:..but a lot of good racers have that problem in history. Get over it.

Feb 20, 2004
while bubbas just starting up the mountain and is on the way in. RC and Cr are on the way out they seem to be at the peak and are starting to drop. age will soon catch up to Rc and Cr before it does bubba so bubba will have his time on the podium

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Starting to drop? They are faster than they have ever been and each week they push each other to get better. CR has been here only 3 seasons and RC is the hardest working rider out there....I hardly see them as on their way down. Thats a pretty dumb statement. You can remove your lips from Bubba's ass now. sheesh.

bigpa

Nov 24, 2003
Dirtbike'n man said:
I hope JBS does a good job and hopefully takes the win. I'm with the other people who think RC is getting a bit too comfortable in first. he needs to get knocked down a peg. since it seems to me that CR isn't fast enough the only one fast enough to match RC's speed is JBS...
this smile has been getting used a lot lately :blah:
Spectra, it's probably a misunderstanding...his words don't come out clear when he's eating crow! :laugh:

03-dr650

May 20, 2003
the JBS thing seems to be a touchy topic here. I will just say i am a JBS believer. He's got the drive and the potential to be a champ. like many of you said, its just a matter of time. Reed is definitely at the top of his game right now and RC is too. The rest of this season is going to be good watching. Next year should be insane!

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
I think JBS has every right to go down... especially since this is his what... 3rd race in the big boy class? I'd be going down once in a while too if I was pushing that fast. I'm an RC fan, but totally love that Reed and Bubba can be faster than him. It's weird, RC passed Reed, fell, then passed him back a few weeks ago. I thought that RC must be the fastest man in the world. Now Reed's been faster two weeks in a row. Also, Bubba was faster than RC in the heat race... I'm corn-fuzed

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Alot of pro riders can go fast if they ride over there comfort zone-i think thats what you are seeing now.

I have no doubt on his day bubba can go faster than CR and RC, but i dont think he knows when to hold back, go for 2nd and win the title.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Like RC before him, all JS knows how to do is try with all his heart to win....even at the risk of crossing that edge from time to time. He simply has more talent then RC and Reed so its just a matter of time before he consistently wins. Its as much a self confidence thing as anything else. Once he believes in and proves to himself his ability is real, he will dust those guys consistently..and he will and make it look easy. My bet is the next two races will be the turning point in his career. I think your seeing (as I predicted) RC's responce to having a faster racer on the track.....RC is plenty faster than Reed but the Bubba factor has pushed him past is ability. Reed is the big winner here as Bubba and RC hash it out all he has to do is stay up....and when Bubba settles then its too late for both Reed and RC.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Lots of people think Pastrana and Windham have more talent than RC, too.

RC will win the title in the most hyped SX season in history. Call me crazy, but I think that makes RC the big winner.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
weimedog said:
RC is plenty faster than Reed but the Bubba factor has pushed him past is ability.

RC is not "plenty" faster than Reed. This season is much closer than the points suggest. A1 was bad luck and thats racing but if that didn't happen the Title would be up in the air right now. Fortunately for RC, Reed had a bike failure in the 1st race. RC would be sweating bullets right now instead of sitting on a fat lead. 1 bad race seperates Reed and RC. Rc maybe "plenty" faster than Windham and the gang but not Reed. You don't lose straight up races when your "plenty" faster.

03-dr650

May 20, 2003
Reed's dominance the last two weeks (over RC) has proven to me Reed has got what it takes. Reed led RC for 20 in Daytona, and 20 in Orlando. Where I'm from, thats a straight up whoopin'

it may not be a far cry to think RC may DNF yet the way he's been riding lately. I'm just happy to see it's *other* riders finally getting into RC's head, rather than just the other way around all the time.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm wondering where all the RC fans are that over-use the "Bubba will crash constantly" reasoning... seems to me RC is crashing a LOT these days? Give Reed huge props for coming back from the early season funk, like someone said in this thread, had A1 not been a disaster, it would be a really tight points race right now.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
I'm wondering where all the RC fans are that over-use the "Bubba will crash constantly" reasoning...
They're both gonna crash. And RC will still win the title. Dang ol' leprechauns anyway.

Feb 20, 2004
jez.Ok no matter what u wanna think bubbas still younger and is already very fast. but since he is young he will learn to ride "smart" and win races. Rc is really fast, probably at the top of his game right now but isn't he getting any younger, and i am just saying age is gonna catch up with him alot sooner then bubba.

Top Bottom