Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Boomer, That is a very good idea,... sites can put upa specific forum devoted to stolen bikes, if your bike has been stolen, list the vin# in that forum, when shopping for a used bike, people can simple look through the list of vin#'s to be sure its NOT a stolen machine. Heck,...might even help to nab a couple crooks!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
I know a few guys that have had their bikes stolen, I would make a point to get the vin#s from them just to post them, and if everyone knows somebody,...ect,...this could really go a long way. Every vin# listed is a step in the right direction. I'm sure the DMV does a fine job of this, but in this form it would be so much easier to use for the average joe, and hopefully used more often.  Whataya think Okie?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I suggested this a bit back but not sure if Okie wanted to do it. I'd be happy to monitor the vins and update recoveries and such. I can help with people reporting them stolen and confirm they are entered into the system. You still have to be careful for fishing expeditions as well from less then truthful guys too. Maybe just keep it for paying customers and such. Just my .02 cents. I'm still happy with helping like I am now too, whatever it takes. ;)

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Damn! "SUCH" "SUCH" I'm on the job, really!! :|

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
What are you guys talking about?:)

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Sorry elk, I tried to resist, but I couldn't pass that one up. ;) Anyways, I figured if Twinspar saw that, it would have been much worse! :eek:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You ain't kiddin!! :scream:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Ya Know!... You can build bridges your entire life, and no one calls you a 'Bridge Builder', but,...ya say 'suck' once, and you're a sucker for life! ;) :)

Never the less, thats very helpful and generous of you Elk. I'd like to hear Okie's thoughts on the idea.

Top Bottom