suspension set-up for 250f, woods riding

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i have no idea how to set up the suspension on my 250f. i never even messed with it since i bought it, i seem to be bouncing around quit a bit and i dont really know what to do. i ride mostly woods and there some open areas with motocross type things i ride too but most of the time in in the tight wooded stuff. right now it seems really stiff to me, i wish it were more plush. can one of you guys give one of your woods set-ups to try? i weigh about 185lbs if that makes difference.

russ17

Aug 27, 2002
Lonewolf ! Where in Southwestern Pa are you from. From my experience with the 250f for woods riding and to get the best performance for that type of application, I would recommend that you get it revalved.

Russ

couchrider

Aug 7, 2003
Lonewolf
I was just sugesting that he was close to you and that if you have any questions regarding your supenders that he might have some answers. He was very helpful to me and took the time out to watch me ride and made some adjustments.
Bob

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i see, for a second there i thought he did suspension work. i wasnt trying to be a smart a$$, after reading what i wrote it sounded like i was. i actually fiddled around with it over the weekend with the help of one of my friends and i got it a little better.

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
I feel there is only one answer to this question. All bikes regardless, (especially one designed for mx)need a revalve and springs front and rear to suit the riders weight and ability etc. All mass produced bikes will benifit from a good service/revalve especially when the bike in question is used in an environment that it wasn't designed for.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i understand that, i just didnt really know what to do when i adjusted it. my friend messed around with it with me and he got it a little better for me. i have never adjusted the suspension on any of my bikes i just left them how they were when i got them. the reason i asked you if you worked at pro-action at one time is there is a place i buy parts at and the one guy that works there has a friend that used to work for pro-action, i just had the fork seals replaced by him, i dont know his name though. the guys that work at the parts store live near uniontown i think.

Top Bottom