Suthern Spodefest (April 27-29) NEW THREAD

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by wrench:

Why do all of the trees in Georgia lean to the West?

wrench

Ha Ha ha...Because Alabama Sucks! Right?

I sent a proposal to the State Tourism board to have the State moto changed on all of the Welcome To Alabama Boards. It should read:

"Welcome to Alabama. At least it's not Mississippi!"

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000

With this many riders showing up, do you think that we will need to have everyone wear a number? I hear that those Bamman Boyz can't count past the number of fingers and toes that they have! :p

Yeah, we'll be okay if no more than 23 people show up. ;)

The best thing to ever come out of Jawja? I-20 West!

[This message has been edited by Julius Pleaser (edited 03-26-2001).]

Biscuit

Feb 16, 2000
Lemming, what time do you plan to be there on the 27th. Porkchop and I will be leaving the big "A" early that morning and did not know when the track would be open. Please advise. BTW, where the heck is the holiday inn? Cannot find any info on their site. Thanks

thebird

Sep 28, 2000
Sorry biscuitI have not been online in awhile The Holiday inn number is (334) 272-0370 They quit taking reservations after 4 pm

[This message has been edited by thebird (edited 03-26-2001).]

duron peacock

Jul 17, 2000
Ouch! That was a good one Ivan. You know, I'm not sure I can remember the last time a "Host State" took such a lashing from soon-to-be Visitors. I think I'll drive carefully on the Alabama highways, particularly when going under any bridges.
Porkchop

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Man-o-man, I'm too busy to deal with the net for one day and look at the smack gets thrown. Well, I could sit her for hours slamming those other states but I'll let my riding do the talking. Given that I sold the trusty KLX on Sunday, I think it's time to supercharge the GG. Oh wait, it's just Wrench, Ivan, and a few birds coming over. I can actually put on my old tires, run 87 octane, fail to clean my air filter, and drink heavily the night before and still roost them :p

Pea Hen - I'll be there around 11 am CT.

And yes, the reason I choose to live here is that it's easy to appear intelligent :o

Why haven't we heard anything from Dave S or that Chillydog character? Oh that's right, we tend to bbq diesel pigs in these parts ;)

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

[This message has been edited by Lemming (edited 03-26-2001).]

duron peacock

Jul 17, 2000
Pea Hen, huh, like I never heard that one before, Tiny Tim. By the way, exactly how many more parts have fallen off the ole' Spit-n-Sputter, I mean the Gas Gas, since we rode Kentuck? Is that why you wear that high visibility yellow vest when you ride? "Caution, Flying Debris".

Anyway, I am thoroughly looking forward to riding with everyone at Spodefest. Never let it be said that this Ga. Boy isn't Humble. The Artic Rodent and KDXfile rode circles around me at Kentuck.

Although it has been known that Biscuit and Porkchop have been late on occasion, several hours, we will make amends this year and be on time. We will be there Friday morning, ready to lay the first tracks down. We are planning to have Kawboys' KX 500 in tow with us, as he is expected to arrive sometime Saturday. Don't be surprised to see the Green Machine turn a few laps without its' owner aboard. As a matter, we might let others ride as well, if the price is right. Sorry Kawboy, just trying to raise a little gas money.

Let the Games begin!!!
Po-Po-Po-Porkchop

biker

Sep 22, 2000
So what is the majority of the riding going to be. Are there more woods riders going than MX. I'm trying to decide whether to bring my XR or CR. I know Monster Mountain has a little bit of everything. I'm leaning a bit to the XR. I'm sick of riding tracks and miss the woods.

[This message has been edited by biker (edited 03-26-2001).]

Biscuit

Feb 16, 2000
Biker, I think, at least from what I have heard and read, that you would be disapointed if you left the CR at home. Besides, somebody has to abuse porkchop. With a name like that, well, may be he and Gomer have been just a little to close :p

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Biker - bring both bikes if you can (if you can only bring one, bring the CR as the woods are not that bad). The Monster track is a blast (this coming from a trail rider) as is the vintage track. Yes there will be some good trail riding, but there are not miles and miles of trails. We will probably be able to put together a few miles of trails around the tracks. The owner has asked us to only use the ones that we post and ride in the direction that they are posted. He doesn't want to see any head on crashes in the woods.

By the way Chop, Friday is arrow posting day. KDXfile, Timr, and I will post one route with red arrows for us Bama boys. You and Biscuit can post the easy trails with pink arrows for you Jawja boys :p

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
SpokerAce and I will be there late Friday morning.

wrench

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I probably will bring the CR, I'm only bringing one. I may have a buddy coming with me. I saw the main track last winter at a race. It does look like an awesome track. I should be good for one hard lap before I get tired. For anyone who hasn't seen the mx track, it's huge.

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
"...and as the sun gently begins to set over the hills, all the tired and smelly men gather around the FIRE!" and then we grill.

OK, now that i have your romance novel reading attention. While men seem to be inept in a kitchen, an outdoor fire/grill is our territory. Who out there can lay claim to the title: grillmaster? 'tis a challenge to any who dare. I'm puttin' my mom's Kochijon hamburgers against whatever ya got. any takers?

------------------
...faster than a speeding..., well not really.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Itchy,

Don't you know not to challenge former chefs? How do you think I worked my way through college? I wasn't planning on bringing the grill, but I might have to now :D

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
THAT'S IT!.........

My grill has a medallion on it that says ...GRILLMASTER! I would love to cook for you guys .... Unfortunately, my riding skills do not equal that of my cooking PROWESS! Meaning, I will be too tired to cook for you guy's but will have ample knowledge of Supervisory skills! :p

FYI, The reason that I do not pick on Lemming to much is .... He is from B'Ham. which is a city here in the S.E. that is known (and quite proud of the fact) for having a collective IQ of - 17 !!!!! :p

Alabama IQ ratings:
IQ = 10 .... Not positive of where you are.
IQ = 15 .... Can boil WATER!
IQ = 17 .... Knows how to start a two stroke!! :p

Georgia IQ ratings:
IQ = 1 .... Know's how to put fuel in the tank
IQ = 5 .... Actually knows how to START the bike
IQ = 10 .... Knows that a HELMET is a protective device ... not a fancy flower pot!@
IQ = 17 .... Know's when his/her leg is being pulled! :)

You do the MATH!!!!

wrench

[This message has been edited by wrench (edited 03-30-2001).]

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000

Alabama IQ ratings:
IQ = 10 .... Not positive of where you are.
(Got that one!)
IQ = 15 .... Can boil WATER!
(YUP!)
IQ = 17 .... Knows how to start a two stroke!! :p
(Uh...send out invitations???)

I hate tests!

Anybody riding the Maplesville Fun Run Sunday the 1st?

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
I say COME ONE COME ALL! :)

Julius,
You SLAY me man!

wrench

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
Tamer of the shrews,

I've heard of people eating rats, but rodentia that can cook? This I gotta see!

Since when is smotherin' and coverin' considered being a chef?

Uh, Wrench, I think my computer must be acting up cause I could swear you just called yourself a cooking PRINCESS! :p
Must be some lightening somewhere.

Ain't bringin nothing big, just a $4.99 walmart hibachi. Hope you like spicy!

------------------

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
Oh yeah, anyone from Columus coming up? Does anyone know where "ChickenComa's" (sp?)in Phenix City is? I would gladly buy some of their BBQ sauce if you can bring a quart or GALLON.

Like Pavlov's pets, I'm startin' to water up!

------------------

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
L981,

Thanks for the offer.
I grew up in Columbus and Love the ChickenComa BBQ. It has moved around a bit in Phenix City and don't know its current locale. Whenver family goes down to Columbus, we try and find it to eat a LOT and bring back sauce for the rest of the clan.

Not sure of the spelling and not sure if they ever had a health inspection/license, but you wouldn't care if you just ate the food once! I would definetly buy some if you happen to find it. Sauce that is. :eek:

Is East Alabama Speedway still around? Use to have a dirt stock car track and a motocross track 20 yrs ago.

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Confirmation list has been updated.

wrench

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Looks like 5 or 6 more Bama boys will show up for Sat night and Sunday. Wrench - add these guys to Julius Pleasers list, I don't want to take responsibility for them :o

Went riding yesterday, first time since the nasty endo at MM a few weeks back. The shoulder did well, I think I'll be ready for you Jawja boys :)

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by Lemming:
Looks like 5 or 6 more Bama boys will show up for Sat night and Sunday. Wrench - add these guys to Julius Pleasers list, I don't want to take responsibility for them :o

Oh no ya don't...they're your friends!

These guys are proof that there's a lotta inbreeding in Bambalamba....a whole lot! :D

Ivan Liechty

Aug 18, 1999
Work Alert!!!

I may have to be on hand the weekend of the SF for work. Not sure yet. Boston is having a move and if I can get away with not going their I'd just have to be home Sunday by 8pm.

I'll let you know as it draws closer. Right now it looks good. I'm even trying to talk the wife into coming down too.

Can you bama boys play nice around a lady? :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom