Taller bars and seat foam for taller riders...

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I heard someone mention that TAG makes the tallest bars available. Does anyone know what model and if they will bolt right up to the stock 3Clamps on a 97 RM 250? Also, where can I get taller seat foam.

I'm a 6'8" rider who needs the extra hight....all responces appreciated.

Micah

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
They are the Tag T2 CR-double high bend bars..
Ceet makes a nice tall seat foam, but it is on the firm side. If you want a cushion it may not be for you.
You may also want to look at aftermarket top triple clamps, which move the bars farther forward than the stock unit. Applied makes a nice one.
http://www.appliedrace.com

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
From other threads (you might want to do a search) alot of guys run the Jimmy Button Renthal bars. I think they are the tallest bars out there. They are even taller than RC's. If you do a search, you'll probably come up with some good answers.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
The button bars have a lot of sweep. While they are taller, they pull back in closer to you. The Tag T2 CR-double highs are taller than the JB bend, and straighter if I recall correctly.
Plus, can you even get the Button bend in an oversized bar?

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
I don't know what model they are but the Magura oversize bars that come stock on KTM's are very tall and have very little sweep. I am 6'-5" and they are the best bars I have ever used and I've bent 'em all. :D

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
IMHO the extra sweep is nice for off road riding/racing, but MX/SX needs a straighter bend. Who rides a 4 hour enduro in the attack position? :p

TooTall

Nov 6, 2000
Cam, I would have to disagree about the Ceet tall foam being stiffer. I have only 3 rides on mine and I, and everybody else who's sast on it believe it's "cushier" than stock. We wondered if it't only because of the extra foam. Another thing I did on my '98 YZ250 was go with the Applied top triple clamp to move the bars up & forward. I only need the taller bars now, but so far the rider compartment is much nicer for me (I'm 6'4"). I am looking at the TAG X5's iCR double high for mine.

TT

Badgas

Aug 8, 2001
xr600r:

i am 6'-2" and ride an xr600 , i just ordered a set of button bend bars,am i going to like them or not ?????????????

I'm 6'01" and I just ordered a pair of pants from J Crew. I'm I going to like them???????????????:p ;) :)

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
XR600.....yes
Badgas....no, and you should be beaten with a wet towel for ordering anything from J.Crew. IMO

xr600r

Apr 15, 2001
badgas , o.k , o.k. , i had a bad day at work and you were an easy target ,
i apoligize , buy the way i put my button bend bars on saturday , and i like
them ! :)

Badgas

Aug 8, 2001
xr600r,

No apologies needed.:) We're just one big happy family here. I'm glad you like your new bars. I can't stand me new pants.;)

Thunder 33,

Me, my big brother, a wet towel. That brings back bad memories.:scream: :eek:

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Tall bars and big seats what a country!

I've found that bar risers are just as good as tall bars at half the cost. Plus the abilty to picth the bars back and forth. If you have protapers and or a dampener be sure to order for that. Applied makes real good ones.
Seat foam and grip seat I got from Gutsracing.com They make a firm and a medium density for the prevention of monkey butt.:scream:
Now i need a good pair of frog catchers "riding shorts" that have a wider butt pad than mountain bike shorts. Got any suggestions?

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Re: Tall bars and big seats what a country!

Originally posted by dirtjunkie
I've found that bar risers are just as good as tall bars at half the cost

Ah, now imagine bar risers combined with taller bars.....mmmmm...donuts...:)

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Taller bars for everybody!

Without doubt, KX727, but for some riders they should try risers first, if they want more height then try a higher bend don't cha think!
Hey Utah, Draper, isn't that where widow maker is/was? I want to ride
Mo-jab some day? Do you ride there? I lived in Salt lick for a while didn't ride then too bad:(

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Yep, I live on the mountain where the Widomaker(s) used to be. You can still see the tracks up the mountain. Kind of makes me think we should work on the area so the greenies can't point to them and say "see what the long term damage."

Haven't ridden Moab, but I need to get down there next spring or maybe over the winter if it is fairly dry.

xr600r

Apr 15, 2001
i've got thumper racing riser's AND renthal jimmy button bend bars on my
xr600 , maybe next i'll get some ape hanger's off a harley . :cool:

Top Bottom