darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
I've never had more fun riding in the mud in my whole life.

There were these huge wet, muddy fields that you had to ride through......Seriously, I would turn around and go back through during practice, it was so fun......along with the slick, rutted, root infested, no good line, goggles off, roost in your mouth, bikes buried everywhere, wondering if you'd ever get out alive woods sections. I broke my clutch cable adjuster and kinked the cable really bad when I decided to create an alternate line around a bottleneck in the woods. I thought the trees would just bow out of my way. Oh, wait...I don't have those wrap around handguards anymore. Needless to say, I have a severe case of Popeye arm on my clutch side.
It was a blast and I finished 4th.
DA

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
There were bike and peple stuck everywhere. Luckily, I was not one of them. As for the giant mud pits, I could have done without them. Mostly because I kept falling in them. I wasn't too bad, at least the rain quit. I am sore all over, and have a few scratches from spearing a tree. It was not too hard, I was on the brakes but it was real slick and smacked it with the front end. The worst part is cleaning up. It took longer to clean than the race lasted.

Top Bottom