GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Timr mentioned something in one of the other threads about how you'll miss out if you don't camp/RV at Cooperland vs rent a motel and I could not agree more. If I had opted to motel it, I shudder to think of missing out on these life-enhancing experiences:

• Lou and the dead kittens
  • Riding the woods loop at night with Mick and Bratt
  • Still bartending at 2 am
  • Night Vision Goggles
  • Trying to walk the Step Up in the dark
  • Numerous fireside chats, varying topics ;)
  • Nothing like taking a Spode Wash when you really need it most
  • Commraderie of sharing camping supplies, food, beverage, and gear with your Cooperland neighbors

The list goes on, and for those experiences you just can't recall, I can say it was all fun. I would not want to have to say at midnight "Well, I gotta head to the motel now" and leave all that good fun behind.

Natty

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Don't forget watching Cam back out of his tent and having Carlo yell "It looks like it's giving birth!"

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
I was thinking a group of folks could get together and rent a room for showering purposes. :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
ChopperDave said:
I was thinking a group of folks could get together and rent a room for showering purposes. :cool:
Spodewash. It's cheaper and on site. :cool:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
I keep envisioning long lines of drunk people waiting to get under a bucket. Or maybe Okie will be on a step ladder w/bucket waiting to pour at the showeree's command! :laugh: Ever seen the movie MASH? You gotta love that shower seen, where the tent is pulled down!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The Spodewash was perfect! I used it a few times when I didn't feel like having a shower with both of my shoulders touching a wall like they do in our RV shower.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I would never have made a riders meeting if I was curled up in a hotel. Not that I made many while I was there but at least I had a shot. :cool:

The spode wash was great. But if you don't like it, you could always jump in the red mud creek across the grass field. I took a dip with my WR in and it was, well, interesteing to say the least.

I highly recomend camping out.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Camping at DW is most DEFINITELY the way to go. You miss SO much if you don't camp out...The first year I went to Dirt Week I camped, but went to bed early and missed a ton. This year, I was always one of the last to leave the campfire, and although I may have been tired, slightly hungover, and dreading getting up early for riders meetings, it was so worth it!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The Spodewash, started with sun-warmed water only in 2002. 2003 and 2004 brought substantial upgrades including HOT and COLD water, towel hooks, and a bench. As primitive as it looked, ugly, unstable, half-ARsed, the Spodewash is the icing on the cake after a hard day at Dirtweek.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Some of us still enjoy indoor plumbing and cable tv :aj:
Doesn't matter how you go, just go. The week would make the ultimate credit card commercial.....PRICELESS

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Do not fear the spodewash. Embrace it.

DW 02- Camped. Showed up solo, never met a soul from DRN prior to DW. Wife thought I was nuts. Great weather, plenty warm. Cold water was no big deal.Had a blast and made a bunch of new friends.
DW 03- Camped. Brought a small TX contingent. Cold and rainy. Warm water was a welcome addition as was the propane space heater b/w the stalls. Good thinking there Swift.Had a blast, met some old friends and made a bunch of new ones .
DW 04- Camped. TX contingent part two. Hot and dusty. The spodewash got a real workout. As did Teeds keeping it running. Had a blast, met some old friends and made a bunch of new ones.
DW 05- Live even closer now. Camping.............

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
The spodewash is great. Where else can you see a semi naked white stick figure walking around in a towel. Yes, that was me in 2003. :laugh:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Treejumper said:
The spodewash is great. Where else can you see a semi naked white stick figure walking around in a towel. Yes, that was me in 2003. :laugh:
I resemble that remark as well.:laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Treejumper said:

And this was everyone that saw it: :yikes:

;)

I used the Spodewash in 2003, and well being the girly that I am, didn't really enjoy it too much. I think if the weather was better I probably would have enjoyed the Spodewash more.

In 2004 Rooster and I rented a room at Motel 6 for shower purposes, it was worth the money to use a real shower! And if you rent a room for a full week you get a good deal, they even let us bring our dog in the room! So she could enjoy the a/c while we showered!

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Camping, there's no other way.

Because, how else would you find out that a certain someone wears a bikini under her riding gear. :nod: :aj: :p

Mully

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Mully said:

Because, how else would you find out that a certain someone wears a bikini under her riding gear. :nod: :aj: :p

Mully
That was supposed to be our little secrete Mully!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Mully said:

Mully
and who doesnt........ :yikes:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
ChopperDave said:
Ya gotta love a good bikini! :)
bikinis arent the best thing on earth.................................
.......................theyre next to the best thing on earth though

:aj:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004