outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
on my 1973 yamaha DT250 if you follow the throttle cable, it has a little boot coupler type thing, that one cab;e goes into, but then 2 cables come out of it??? i have no clue what it is for, and i wanna replace the throttle cable, but im guessing this is no easy part to find...one cable goes to the slide and the other goes into the right side of the crankcase. please help :bang:

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
this is what it looks like

02-28-08_1948.jpg

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
holy crap...are you god??? dude thanks for the help. that is a really helpful website for the parts

JunkmanDT250

Feb 25, 2008
I can help you out if you need anything me and some friends from work are into the old bikes. we are gonna do some vintage racing when our bikes are finished. email me I have some other links for parts and there is a guy fairly close that has a bunch of DT stuff too.

JunkmanDT250

Feb 25, 2008
Do you have a maintenance manual for your bike. I just picked one up off of ebay for 2.99 plus shipping. I will keep an eye out for one for you if you want, and when I get mine you are welcome to use it if you need to.

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
yeah i probably need to get one of those, i know enough about motors and carbs and such, but not model specific crap

sikedude

Mar 11, 2008
Its for the oil injection. Oil injection is usually found only on old 2 stroke street and trail bikes, like my 1973 Kaw. Its so you can fill up at a gas station without having to mix your fuel.

Top Bottom