Hustle

Apr 23, 2006
Hi guys, first of all, can anyone recommend a forum more suited for mini dirtbikes e.g Thumpstars?

I would like to buy a speedo for my Thumpstar, but know nothing about them. Can anyone suggest a certain speedo, or are they universal, also how do i fit the speedo.

Secondly, does anyone know the stock sprocket T for a thumpstar? and what do i upgrade to, to get more top end speed?

Thanks.

bryanwber

Dec 27, 2006
what is a thumpstar?

is that one of those new korean bikes from pep boys or do you mean the little mini moto bikes? what year/make/model/size is it?
i work at a motorcycle salvage yard and am used to finding out what interchanges. most the time the speedo is conected to the front hub, sometimes the trans. your probly be better off using the front hub. everything seems to be different on setups. let me know if ya want help with your project-later bro

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'd suggest getting a digital speedo as they are much easier to hook up and of course are cool looking if you HAVE to know how fast you are going.

Just count the teeth on the F & R sprockets and you'll know unless somebody already replaced them.

The majority of parts for T-stars are generic to most better quality pit bikes. If you need any replacement parts you can drop me a line at pat "at" PitViperMX" "dot" com, we have viturally everything in stock. (spam mode off)

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
hey, bryanwber do you know of any CR 250 forks that would fit on a 2001 XR250? i would love to convert that over to an inverted setup.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Uh this is a bit out of place yet again...

Anyway, it's pretty easy to convert most any USD fork to a XR250. I used stock Emig Racing triple clamps for a KX125 on my swap. It's easiest to pop on the entire front assembly.

Top Bottom