To bootie, or not to bootie, that is the question.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I'll soon be buying new boots. One of my options is the Oxtar TCX line. The Pro seems to be the same as the comp, with the addition of a inner bootie. I've never tried a "bootie" boot. Are they a pain to get on / off? Hot in the summer? Thoughts....

I'm anti Alpine Stars for some reason. I likes the SG-10's but a bud just bought some. (must be diff.) That leaves me the Oxtar TCX's and the Sidi Vortex Evo. I'm sure they are both great boots, but I'm a sucker for "tech" stuff like the "tendons" on the Oxtar. I guess it comes down to the "bootie" issue. The Oxtars with, or the Sidi's without.

Thanks for any input.

DEX

Jun 11, 2003
I was going to go for the Sidi Vortex Evos myself since they are about 2 pounds lighter than the SG 10s and Oxtars.

But I couldnt pass up the deal my race team gave me on a set of A stars so I ended up with a pair of brand new Tech 8s for 65% off retail.

I havent actually held the Sidi Vortexs or seen them in person but the Oxtar pro were the heaviest and most rigid and protective looking boots I have ever held and tried on.

The Oxtars squek though I am not sure if that goes away or is a permanent thing.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I likes the SG-10's but a bud just bought some. (must be diff.)
Too bad because the SG-10's ROCK. Maybe just a different color?

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
Okie, I don't doubt the SG-10's a fantastic, but are you saying they are better than the TCX and Vortex? Have you tried those two? I like the Vortex for the high gaiter and less armour. ( I ride loads of mud and water, no track time) I like the TCX because on paper, it closes tightest around my stickly calves. What to do.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I love the booties in my T8's! Besides just being more comfortable than other boots I've tried it's also nice to be able to walk around without the boots on and not get sand burrs and thorns in your feet. Sort of like slippers for the pits.

Spine_Thrust

Oct 3, 2003
The Vortices are the best "non-plastic" boot out there. They are light, super comfortable, and break in right after you put them on. They are holding up well after about 70 hours.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I have some Tech 8 with the bootie and I love them, they are really easy to get on and off and the bootie gives you a little more cushon.

stk0308

Oct 27, 2004
Patman said:
I love the booties in my T8's! Besides just being more comfortable than other boots I've tried it's also nice to be able to walk around without the boots on and not get sand burrs and thorns in your feet. Sort of like slippers for the pits.
Is that really what they are ment for? I thought it was for better fit, and to be able to wash/replace them and lengthen the overall boots useful life.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
stk0308 said:
Is that really what they are ment for? I thought it was for better fit, and to be able to wash/replace them and lengthen the overall boots useful life.

Patman wears them to Christmas formals! he's the "Bell of the Ball" :) The clash a little with that red strapless number though ;)

Booties do add the the comfort side, but are warmer and add bulk to the boot. No problem getting boots on and off with our without booties, the have virtually no effect.

vic580

May 9, 2002
I hate the bootie boots,1 more thing to take on and off.I have owned Tech 8's and Sidi SRS boots and did not like the fit or feel.I bought a pair of Gaernes since I have owned a few pairs of those before and love them,comfortable and the buckles are the best on either the SG-1's or the SG-10's :aj:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
vic580 said:
I hate the bootie boots,1 more thing to take on and off.

I have tech 8's and almost never take the booties out of the boot (once in awhile to wash them). They stay in the boot when I take them off and my feet slip into them while putting the boots on. I love them!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm sure they were not really ment to be pit slippers but they work quite well for that. I do wish they would have a spiked heal version though :laugh:

Top Bottom