bandito

Jan 26, 2006
Hi,

I recently bought a CR125R 1993 model for a fairly cheap price. I bought the bike on the understanding that the transmission was gonna need work as it kept jumping out off first gear, although all the others seemed OK. Now i'm quite a beginner with gettin my hands dirty and fixing my bikes myself. But when i tried to take it for a short run today, pulling away from 2nd to avoid 1st, it started 'juddering' and would'nt transfer the power to the sprocket just as i was trying to pull away. When i say juddering i mean something was very wrong, making heavy juddering noises around the gearbox area and the chain was shaking. Infact the whole bike was shaking thru the handle bars. The gear selector also started locking so it wont move up or down without a sharp wack... :ohmy: :coocoo:

Can anyone please offer some advice? I know the transmission is going to need an overhaul but how serious does anyone think this is? What sort of cost am i looking at? And is it advisable to attempt to do the work myself? I got a very rough quote from a local shop and they said between £100-£200, but i'm sure that cant be right, no? That seems cheap including labour etc...

Any advice would be very much appreciated. :nod:

Bandito.

Top Bottom